Celery Detox Salad with Cucumber and Zucchini
Let's think beyond gut with this healthy summer detox salad!
Posted By Savita
Easy, flavorful, and nutritious Celery Detox Salad! This plant powered salad is loaded with raw summer veggies, healthy fats, antioxidants, and topped with homemade cilantro lime dressing. This salad will fill you up, nourish you, and help in natural detox all at once. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten Free, Carb free, and Whole 30 diet friendly.
This salad is following trail of my earlier Detox Salads - Cauliflower Broccoli Detox Salad, and Quinoa Blueberry Powder Detox Salad.
I have three reasons why I started thinking about this recipe.
One, because I wanted to make your detox diet not boring. Honestly, I can't eat same thing in every meal and I'm sure you can't either. A variation or change of flavor always push me to stick to any kind of diet regime. So, I'm gonna keep pushing and give you a complete one month diet plan. This recipe is 6th in the list. You can find complete list at the end of the post.
Second, with this recipe I want you to think beyond gut. In addition to other health benefits, this celery detox salad is for liver cleanse.
- 2 Zucchini (spiralized or small diced)
- 3 Celery (stalks, chopped)
- 4-5 Radish (red radish, or use beets, spiralized or small diced)
- 2-3 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds (pepeita seeds, toasted)
- 2-3 Carrots (spiralized or small diced)
- 1 Cucumber (spiralized or small diced)
- 1 Cup Cilantro (fresh leaves, more for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Lime (juice)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (extra virgin cold pressed or use walnut oil)
- 1 Garlic
- 3 tbsp Orange Juice (unsweetened, prefer fresh squeezed )
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (adjust per taste)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1. For dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in blender with 1/4 tsp of salt. Blend until smooth pureed. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper.
- 2. Place spiralized zucchini in a wide salad bowl. Pour half of dressing on zucchini. Coat well. Arrange rest of spiralized veggies around along with chopped celery, fresh cilantro. Sprinkle pinch of salt on veggies. Serve remaining dressing on the side. Serve and enjoy!