Pear and Asparagus Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese
New Year comes with lots of motivation and determination to get healthy, loose few extra pounds gained dinning for all holiday comforting foods. But my new year resolution does not last very long. :(
Even though I don't start eating heavy meals but I lack in motivation to get up and exercise. On those lazy days, my lite lunch salads come to my rescue.
Pear and Asparagus Salad is one of such lite and refreshing green salad. Sweet and tangy, this salad is very satisfying, perfectly satisfy my craving for salt and sweet and keeps me away from evening salty-snack engagements.
Sharing with you a 10 minute fix to a better and healthy day with my Pear and Asparagus Salad.
Pear and Asparagus Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheesereview) (1
- Pear and Asparagus Salad
- 2 Pear (ripe pears, core removed and sliced to thin wedges)
- 1 Bunch Arugula
- small Bunch Mint (fresh leaves)
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts (toasted, for crunch, use more or less per liking)
- 1/4 Cup Goat Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes (optional)
- 1/2 lbs Asparagus
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 1. Wash a remove 1 and 1/2 inch ends from asparagus. Use a peeler to peal out the outer dark green skin leaving the floral buds intact. To make the vinaigrette/dressing, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2. On a serving platter, arrange arugula, top it with sliced pears, asparagus. Top it with walnuts, small dots of goat cheese, chili flakes (optional but enhances the taste of goat cheese) and torn mint leaves. Drizzle lemon-olive vinaigrette on the top just before serving.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.