Colocassia (Taro Root) Curry
- 1 lbs Taro Root (Arbi )
- 1 Tomatoes (Grated)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (Grated)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- Salt (adjust per taste - about 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (Ajwain)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
1. Peel and cut Arbi in round disk or Squares (according to your preference)2. Take 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry Arbi till little crispy from all sides and almost half done.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and grated onion and ginger garlic paste, fry till light brown. Add turmeric, Ajwain and Red Chili and fry for another 1 minute. Add grated tomatoes and salt. Fry till tomatoes blend in onions (4-5 minutes) and oil starts to separate.4. Add two cups water , bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add arbi and cook another 5 minutes on medium low heat. (In this time, Arbi gets fully cooked and gravy thickens up with starch released from cooked Arbi). Continue heating if you like gravy to be more thicker. Adjust salt to taste and serve with Rice Or Chapati.
Savita's Recipe Notes:A word of caution: the juices released when arbi is peeled can be slightly irritating to the skin, so one might want to wear food-prep gloves or coat the hands with some oil at the very least.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe