Rice and Spinach Omelette
Veggies, Starch and Protein - Three-In-One
So sharing two recipes today, both meant to go together and are excellent for breakfast. This omelette however, you can also pack for lunch and I certainly won't mind gobbling it any day for dinner or late night munch.
Why two separate recipes? I know, I could have added both - Smoothie and Omelette in one recipe. Well, I wanted to highlight smoothie recipe as Vegan, specially for people who prefer smoothies while fasting. So, I decided to take some extra time and add Rice and Spinach Omelet recipe separately. A little extra effort to scan two recipes guys, but, omelette and smoothie make great filling and satisfactory breakfast.
This hearty omelette is packed with 1 serving of vegetable (1 cup spinach), 1 serving of gluten-free starch (cooked rice) and proteins from eggs. Feel fee to add more vegetable, like shredded broccoli or carrots.
All-in-all, a great all-star breakfast for a busy weekday or relaxed weekend morning. And a new way to utilize and enjoy leftover rice from Thai Takeouts. :)
Rice and Spinach Omelette
- 4 Egg(s) (large eggs)
- 1 Cup Spinach (fresh baby spinach)
- 1 Cup Rice (cooked rice (I used leftover rice cooked with sweet peas, plain cooked rice totally ok))
- Salt and Black Pepper (per taste)
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- Tomato Ketchup (or sauce of choice for serving, I used Mango-Habanero Sauce)
- 1. In a small bowl, beat eggs with 1 tbsp water till yolks are all mixed up in whites. Add salt and pepper per your taste and keep aside.
- 2. Heat a non-stick or omelette skillet with 1 tsp oil. Add rough chopped or whole baby spinach and saute spinach has wilted (or until water from spinach has evaporated - about 2 minutes). Add remaining 2 tsp oil, season spinach with pinch of salt and black pepper. Add cooked rice and mix well. Add beaten eggs and stir to mix rice and spinach in runny eggs. Additional Notes: You can divide all ingredients and make two small omelette with 2 eggs in each or make one large as I suggested here.
- 3. Set the heat on medium low and let it cook for 4-5 minutes (or until its is set enough to turn). Use a wide spatula or wide plate to turn upside down, cook other side for 2-3 minutes, fold from center.
- 4. Divide omelette in half for two servings. Top with some ketchup or mango-habanero sauce and serve immediately.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe