Roasted Chicken alla Limoncello
Day 8 of "15 days to Thanksgiving"
Posted By Savita
When I planned to roast some chicken for Sunday supper, I added a twist on my favorite roasted lemon chicken with limoncello and orange marmalade, and buttery-aromatic fennel. Sweet of marmalade, fennel met savory spices and citrus with sharp notes of limencello........ The result was a savory, aromatic, sweet and sour chicken roast with a finger-licking good taste.
Trust me! one plate of this chicken with side of some steamed rice or rustic Italian loaf, and you will hear nothing on dinner table...... except.... can I have some more?
My kitchen was filled with aroma of citrus scent and roasted fennel........ I can still sniff the scent while typing this post (in my imaginations of course! roasted chicken!! that is long gone.....)
Recipe has 4 servings, but quick cooking time and almost no active prep time makes this chicken a great dinner option for thanksgiving dinner for two. In-fact, you can replace chicken with turkey meat if you wish! Just adjust the roasting time to ensure bird is fully cooked. Except cooking time, I won't change a thing to make Roasted Turkey alla Limoncello with Fennel.
One thing is certain though, you will not have to clean the dishes if you serving chicken or turkey alla Limoncello....... dishes with arrive empty, sparkling clean from dinner table to kitchen sink. ;) you know what I mean?! don't you? ;)
I am so glad to share this recipe with you!!! Can't wait to share some great thanksgiving feast recipes from some of my foodie friends tomorrow......
I hope you are enjoying 15 days to Thanksgiving as much as I!
Roasted Chicken alla Limoncello
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Orange Jam (or use orange marmalade)
- 1 tbsp Mustard (dijon mustard)
- 4 Lemon (divided, 3 tbsp juice of about 1-2 large lemon, rest sliced thin rounds)
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 4 tbsp Limoncello Lemon Liqueur
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 2 lbs Chicken (breast, thighs, or a whole chicken)
- 2 Fennel Bulbs (core removed, rest thin sliced)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (fine chopped, for garnish)
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
Limoncello-Orange Marmalade Marinade
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Make Marinade - In a large, less-deep and wide ovenproof dish or a rimmed sheet pan. Add all marinade ingredients, plus sliced lemons and fennel.
Additional NotesI happened to be out of dijon mustard, so I have used tarragon-dijon mustard instead. However, for this recipe, I recommend using plain dijon mustard only.2. Add chicken pieces, fennel seeds. Mix well to coat chicken and everything else in the marinade. I prefer to remove skin from chicken for personal pref, you can leave skin-on for a crispy roasted outer skin. Cover and let chicken marinade for at-least 1-2 hrs or overnight.
3. Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Roast chicken uncovered for 35-45 minutes, until chicken is colored and cooked through. Remove from the oven.4. Lift chicken, lemon, and fennel from the baking dish. Transfer rest of the contents in a sauce pan, bring to boil, then simmer until sauce has reduced by half. Pour hot sauce over the chicken and garnish with some cilantro/parsley. Serve with plain rice or tandoori naan.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.