Moist Chia Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Posted By Savita
Hello Friends! I hope your enjoying beginning of week so far! about me... I'm just lost in chocolate!!!!
It's Tuesday, still 5 more days to Valentine's Day and seems like whole world is just covered in chocolate! Every where I see, TV, Ads, blogs, or social media, everyone just want to talk chocolate! I think, it's the magic of love and seductive chocolate taste that wins every heart! Felt like, I can't stay away from chocolate too!
So, here you have it!!!
Sharing with you a moist, decadent, chocolaty breakfast banana bread with delicious and healthy crunch of Chia seeds!
Even with all it's chocolaty goodness, banana taste, and moist texture, this bread is not heavy on bananas, or even eggs, and has a good serving of chia seeds. How good does that sound?
Trust me!! When chocolate, chia seeds, and banana meet in a loaf pan, delicious magic happens! Whole kitchen smells like a banana and chocolate factory working hard, to please every taste bud, on Valentine's Day! and crunch of chia is a total...
- 2 Banana (fully ripe banana, mashed fully with potato masher or using food processor)
- 1.5 tbsp Chia Seeds (soaked in 1/2 cup, 2% or whole milk)
- 1 Egg(s) (a large egg, at room temperature )
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (melted, plus extra for coating pan)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 Cup All-Purpose Flour (leveled, plus 1-2 tbsp for coating loaf pan)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (regular, white sugar)
- 1 tsp Coffee (good quality coffee extract, or 2 tsp instant coffee powder)
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet or I have used 70% dark chocolate chips)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1. Set one oven rack to lowest level. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 9" loaf pan with butter and flour, set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, sift using a whisk and set aside. Also, soak chia seeds in lukewarm milk and set aside.
- 3. In a bowl, add peeled banana and mash using potato masher until fully mashed.
- 4. In bowl with banana, add egg, melted (slightly cooled) butter, milk with chia, sugar, and coffee extract. Whisk to combine all ingredients fully.
- 5. In bowl with flour, add chocolate chips and mix. Now add banana and egg mix and fold the mixture until just combined. Don't over-mix. Batter will be lumpy and may have a streak or two of dry flour.
- 6. Add batter to prepared pan. Place in lowest oven rack and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out just a little crumbly, (not runny-sticky)
- 7. Cool Banana bread in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer gently to wire rack for further cooling. Best when served warm with some sweet cream butter. Enjoy!