Coconut Lemonade Sorbet
5-ingredient fix to Summer-time Dessert Cravings!
Posted By Savita
A creamy 5-Ingredient Coconut Lemonade Sorbet recipe that tastes like summer sunshine! This quick treat is perfect for summer parties and can be made 2-3 weeks ahead!
I love lemonade and lemon based drinks all year long, not just in summers! Even my daily dose of water has a splash of lemon all day! Today, for my love of lemon (and for a beautiful presentation, thank you), I used "Lemon Cups" to serve this creamy sorbet.
I love that Lemon Cups limit the portion size and eliminate the need of finding lots of small dessert bowls to serve a crowd. Plus natural lemon peel cups look so elegant served for a party! Don't you think?
Although Sorbet needs time to chill and freeze, the actual prep and cook time takes 10 minutes. I don't own a Ice Cream Maker, so all my frozen concoctions come together with two-times churning the semi-solid ice cream/sorbet using hand blender or my Vitamix. And they are still very creamy as if made in a professional grade Ice Cream Maker!
Secret, is in the simple technique.....
- 1/4 Cup Lemon (juice, plus reserve squeezed lemon for serving)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Salt (a pinch)
- Mint (for garnish, optional)
- 1. Juice the lemons and reserve peels if planning to use for serving.
- 2. In a heavy bottom sauce pan, add lemon juice and sugar with pinch of salt. Bring to boil and simmer just until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
Add coconut milk and coconut cream and whisk to combine. Pour in freezer safe container and freeze until semi-solid (30-40 minutes) I also freeze the lemon cups so they are easy to clean and stay in-shape when I use for filling sorbet.
Additional Notes:PS: If you have Ice Cream maker, just pour mix in ice cream maker and churn as per manufacture instructions to make sorbet.
- 4. Churn using hand blender to break ice crystal and return to freezer for another 30 minutes.
- 5. Repeat Step 4 one more time if ice crystals are not creamy. Sorbet consistency should be as shown in picture. (I blended this batch 2 times.)
- 6. Fill the sorbet in cups and freeze until fully frozen of ready to use.
- 7. Serve garnished with mint! Enjoy!
Calories per Lemon Cup: 74