Coconut Lemonade Sorbet
5-ingredient fix to Summer-time Dessert Cravings!
A creamy 5-Ingredient Coconut Lemonade Sorbet recipe that tastes like summer sunshine! This quick treat is perfect for summer parties and can be made 2-3 weeks ahead!
I love lemonade and lemon based drinks all year long, not just in summers! Even my daily dose of water has a splash of lemon all day! Today, for my love of lemon (and for a beautiful presentation, thank you), I used "Lemon Cups" to serve this creamy sorbet.
I love that Lemon Cups limit the portion size and eliminate the need of finding lots of small dessert bowls to serve a crowd. Plus natural lemon peel cups look so elegant served for a party! Don't you think?
Although Sorbet needs time to chill and freeze, the actual prep and cook time takes 10 minutes. I don't own a Ice Cream Maker, so all my frozen concoctions come together with two-times churning the semi-solid ice cream/sorbet using hand blender or my Vitamix. And they are still very creamy as if made in a professional grade Ice Cream Maker!
Secret, is in the simple technique.....
It is very simple. Prepare the ingredients listed in recipe below and move straight to freezer in a freezer safe container. Then, after 30-40 minutes (depending upon freezing powder of refrigerator) when liquid is semi-solid, take out and churn it using hand blender until smooth. This process breaks the ice crystals, there by giving sorbet a signature creamy texture. Repeat once again after another 30 minutes and then pour in lemon cups (if using) to freeze fully!
Creamy Sorbet is ready to 'Rock the Party' with No Ice Cream Machine Needed and just 5 Ingredients. Okay, okay..... if you think salt and garnish will count, then 7.
The secret ingredient in this easy Coconut Lemonade Sorbet recipe is super-food Coconut! Coconut also contributes towards the creamy texture yet keeps it Vegan.
Creamy sorbet with big punch of lemony sweet lemonade and delicious tropical coconut taste, zippy chilled sorbet will bring a big smile on your face, making this recipe a perfect treat for summer. Kinda like eating frozen lemonade on a hot summer day!
Coconut Lemonade Sorbet is also great to pack for potluck. Once lemons are frozen fully, I stack them in a container with lid. Place a poly-bag filled with ice or few freezer packs in the bottom of an insulated bag, then put sorbet container on top. Works very well for short-distance travel.
PS: Have you ever tried Coconut Lemonade before? Trust me, friends!! It tastes amazingly refreshing! So, if, just in-case...... you don't want to make sorbet, strain the mixture after Step-3 and chill. Then dilute with some water or sparkling water and serve refreshing twist on classic lemonade - Coconut Lemonade
Refreshing Summer Drinks for your Next Party!
Coconut Lemonade Sorbet
- 1/4 Cup Lemon (juice, plus reserve squeezed lemon for serving)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Salt (a pinch)
- Mint (for garnish, optional)
1. Juice the lemons and reserve peels if planning to use for serving.2. In a heavy bottom sauce pan, add lemon juice and sugar with pinch of salt. Bring to boil and simmer just until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
3. Add coconut milk and coconut cream and whisk to combine. Pour in freezer safe container and freeze until semi-solid (30-40 minutes) I also freeze the lemon cups so they are easy to clean and stay in-shape when I use for filling sorbet. Additional Notes: PS: If you have Ice Cream maker, just pour mix in ice cream maker and churn as per manufacture instructions to make sorbet.4. Churn using hand blender to break ice crystal and return to freezer for another 30 minutes.
5. Repeat Step 4 one more time if ice crystals are not creamy. Sorbet consistency should be as shown in picture. (I blended this batch 2 times.)6. Fill the sorbet in cups and freeze until fully frozen of ready to use.
- 7. Serve garnished with mint! Enjoy!
Savita's Recipe Notes:
Calories per Lemon Cup: 74
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe