Baked Salmon with Salsa Verde
A perfectly baked salmon fillet dinner with zippy roasted salsa verde and lite cilantro rice
Posted By Savita
Let's start Monday healthy, full of omega-3s, less fat, and herbaceous, zippy, and spicy Mexican flavors... and let's not work more than 25 minutes to put this dinner together! How awesome is that?!
Yes, my friends! I'm taking about a 10 minute perfectly baked salmon with delicious roasted salsa verde and cilantro rice for dinner!!
It may not be called "one pot meal" but this flavorful meal just needs a sheet pan, sauce pan (for cooking rice), and a blender/food processor. That won't be hard, isn't it?
Oh, and if you have bowl of leftover/precooked rice, then this dinner will fly from kitchen to dinner table, under 15 minutes! (minus sauce pan from above list)
Salmon grilled, baked or broiled... makes a delicious lite dinner. Plus when served with something lemony and herbaceous like salsa verde, it makes me look forward to dinner. I'm always on look to cook salmon different ways for easy and healthy weekday dinners. One thing I have learned while exploring all the recipes so far.. salmon, lemon and herbs make a match no one can't...
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1/2 lbs Tomatillo (4-6 medium small green tomatoes )
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Stock (or water)
- 1 Garlic (clove)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- 1-2 tsp Canola Oil (for roasting tomatillo)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (leaves and stem, a generous handful)
- 1-2 tbsp Lime (juice, more per taste)
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1.5 lbs Salmon (4 filets)
- Salt and Black Pepper (per taste)
- Oil Spray (for coating the sheet)
- 2 Cup Rice (cooked)
- 1 Lime (juice of one lime, 1-2 tbsp, extra wedges for serving)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (chopped fresh leaves, chopped)
Roasted Salsa Verde
- 1. For Salsa Verde: Preheat the broiler or oven to 550 degrees F. Peel and wash tomatillos under warm water to get rid of sticky-ness. Peel and dice onion into big pieces. Leave garlic unpeeled. Also, slice jalapeno in half. Place all ingredient in a bowl. Drizzle oil and big a pinch or 2 or salt and black pepper. Spread all ingredients on baking sheet lined with aluminium foil and a rack (optional). Roast for 6-7 minutes until tomatillos are softened and slightly charred.
- 2. Once roasted, remove salsa ingredients from oven. Leave oven on. Coat salmon fillets with salt and black pepper. Reduce the oven heat to 350,. Place salmon skin-side down on baking sheet. Bake for 9-13 minutes.
Transfer roasted onion, tomato and jalapeno to a food processor. Discard the skin of garlic. Add vegetable stock and puree the ingredients.
Additional Notes:To make green salsa, let this warm salsa come to room temperature before going to 4th step. Place blender jar over an ice in bowl to make cooling faster.
- 4. Add lime juice, salt, pepper, and fresh cilantro. Process to make lush green salsa.
- 5. Cilantro Rice - For cilantro rice, in a bowl, mix cooked rice with cilantro, lime juice, oil, salt and black pepper. Toss well. Set aside.
- 6. To serve, in a serving bowl, add a serving of cilantro rice, top with a piece to 2 of salmon, salsa verde and lime wedges. Garnish with more cilantro and serve!