Healthy Deviled Eggs with Avocado
Easy and delicious healthy green deviled eggs with creamy avocado and jalapeno topping! Paleo and Gluten Free.
Posted By Savita
Quick and healthy Deviled Eggs! These deviled eggs are packed with egg-protein, topped with homemade spicy and green good-fat avocado sauce! They are also mayo free and far more quicker to put together! Paleo, gluten free, and ketogenic diet friendly!
Honestly, eggs and avocado are made for each other. Don't you think? I never miss the opportunity to bring these two together. Like my Spicy Avocado Pasta with Cajon Fried Eggs and Avocado Egg Toast with Tomato Jam are often in our Sunday brunch menu.
This is a kind of appetizer which I would serve anytime of the year.. not just on special occasions. Plus, it is so easy to make a batch of avocado deviled eggs that you will wonder, why have you not tried it before?!
Now, if you thinking eggs and healthy? Well, they are good source of protein and good for health when part of a balanced diet regime. Including eggs in a plant-based diet can complete body's need of protein without need for eating meats.
- 12 Egg(s)
- 2 Avocado (ripe not firm, ready to use but not brown)
- 3-4 tbsp Lemon (juice, adjust per taste)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeno (seeds and stem removed)
- 1 Garlic (clove)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro (leaves)
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1. Boil eggs with cold water until start boiling. Once started boiling, remove from heat and set aside in hot water for 12 minutes. Once eggs cool down, peel eggs and slice in half.
- 2. In food processor jar, add rest of ingredients for deviled eggs filling (I don't remove/use egg yolks for this recipe), and process to get lump free filling. Taste and adjust salt and lemon juice (important, always taste and adjust seasonings).
- 3. Spoon or pipe over egg halves. Place filled eggs on deviled eggs platter. Garnish with tiny bit of sweet paprika for color (optional) or herb of your choice. Serve and enjoy!