Zesty Garlic Guacamole Dip
Classic Guacamole with fresh avocado, garlic, lots of fresh lime and seasoning. This homemade dip is must-have in every party, is easy to prepare and tastes just like served in restaurants.
Monday is generally most busy day of my week schedule.... feels like everything just want to be completed on Monday... so.... yesterday, I tried so hard getting to my blog.... but... could hardly give it any time! at last... I gave up and decided to get back to everything on Tuesday!
May be it is my instinct to start week with most errands finished.... ..... some days are so busy.... hard to explain....
So here we are, Tuesday, starting like first day of the week, for blog :)
Sharing with you a zesty garlicky guacamole...
I'm sure all made guacamole, millions times in your life, but I insist you try this version, with garlic and tabasco.....
umm umm good!
For all garlic-lovers and heat-speakers, this recipe will re-define "the guacamole" to you... and if you don't like raw garlic taste (even though it mellows when mixed with creamy avocado and lime juice), consider using roasted garlic instead or skip garlic (that will be like heart-breaking for taste of this dip.... but if you really wish... skip it... :(....)
Now let's talk diet....
Avocados are packed with healthy good fats and are considered good to keep "bad fats" away.... so even though this is a rich dip..... it is good for you.... If you are a conscious eater, you can also replace part of avocado with chickpeas and make my Garbanzo-mole.
Plus this dip is totally suitable for gluten free, vegan, and paleo diet.
I hope you enjoy my simple Tuesday post.... With a promise to share more tomorrow... I direct you to this simple and easy guacamole recipe!
Love Avocados? I have some more recipes for you!
Zesty Garlic Guacamole Dip
- 3 Avocado (ripe, California avocado)
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic (about 2-3 cloves, fine mashed, use per taste)
- 2 tbsp Lime (juice, juice of 2 medium limes, plus for garnish)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (very fine chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno (or use 1 Serrano, seeds removed, fine minced)
- 4 tbsp Cilantro (fine chopped leaves, plus extra for garnish)
- 5 dash Tabasco Sauce (adjust per taste)
- 1/4 tsp Salt and Black Pepper (each, adjust per taste)
- 1. In a large bowl, add mashed garlic, fine chopped red onion, minced jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, tabasco, and mix together. Cut and remove pit from avocados. Add the flesh into bowl and mash using back of a large fork. I like to keep it chunky! Or you can add all these ingredients in a food processor and pulse until avocados are mashed to your liking. Mix in salt, black pepper, taste and adjust. Serve with a bowl of tortilla chips!
It is said, keeping avocado pit in the guacamole prevent quick oxidization. To me, it makes a great presentation! Also never skip lime juice/lemon juice (citric acid) in avocado, that's what slows down the blackening....
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.