Vegan Fried Rice with Sriracha Tempeh
Posted By Savita
Not only that! Just 20-25 minutes start to finish!
Fried rice are my favorite for nothing!
These are BEST for ditch-delivery-dinner on busy weekdays. A batch of cooked rice, protein, veggies, and spices get magic-bath in wok and turn into a scrumptious meal.
My favorite part? Kitchen smells like - waiting for order in Asian Restaurant!!
These days, whenever I open my recipe drafts, I land on a summer salad. I don't want you to miss any of those salads.. However, today I decided to skip salad and bring to you this protein packed summer meal - Vegetarian Fried Rice with Crispy Tempeh. ( with extra emphasis on Tempeh). If you have never tried Tempeh because it tastes boring then this recipe will be game changer! Not only that, spicy fried rice loaded with crunchy veggies, seasoned with soy, sriracha, and fresh lime juice are to-die for.
- 1 Cup Mix Vegetables (frozen or fresh chopped - carrots, green pea, beans, celery )
- 1 tbsp Garlic (4-5 cloves, minced)
- 1 inch Ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp Sriracha (check label for vegan)
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce (gluten free tamari sauce)
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil (or cooking oil of choice )
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 3 Green Onion (chopped, green and white divided)
- 1-2 Lime (cut into wedges, for serving )
- Salt (to taste)
- Cilantro (fresh leaves, chopped )
- 3 Cup Rice (cooked and cooled )
- 250 Grams Tempeh (1 package, cut into bite-size cubes)
- 1. In a plastic bag or bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, with a tablespoon Sriracha and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. add diced tempeh, massage in marinade and set aside. Marinate it for 25 mins to overnight.
- 2. Heat a wok or wide heavy bottom sauté pan. Add a tablespoon oil. When oil gets hot, add tempeh (reserve marinade) and sauté until it is crispy caramelized from all sides. Remove in a plate. Set aside.
- 3. Add remaining oil in wok. When hot, add ginger, garlic and white of green onion. Sauté until onions are soft. Add mixed vegetables with pinch of salt. Sauté until veggies are crisp tender.
- 4. Add rice, followed by marinade, white pepper, remaining Sriracha.
- 5. Cook for 3 minutes or until rice are fried and have picked color from sauce. Mix in cooked temph and heat it through.
- 6. Taste and adjust salt. Add in green part of onion. and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedge on side. Enjoy!