Curried Sauteed Mix Vegetables
Clean you fridge and make an excellent veggie side dish
Posted On: Aug, 26 | Author: Savita
Curried Sauteed Mix Vegetables is staple dish in my home towards the end of week when we are due to shop for fresh veggies and there are one or two pieces of every veggies lying in our refrigerator. You know what I mean, like remaining 2 tomatoes or a 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, one bell pepper or a small piece of Tofu, may be some Okra and sweet peas in freezer or some leftovers vegetables like bell pepper, eggplant from last night grilling. I add some fresh garlic, few grapes for fresh sweetness and curry powder for spice kick and turn these leftover veggies into an excellent side dish, easy to make, if you are using grilled veggies from other night cookout, you will just need 10 minutes to pull this dish together.
Curried Sauteed Mix Vegetables
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Indian (Curry, Side Dish, Main Course)
- 1/2 lbs Tofu (firm diced Tofu or Paneer per availability)
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (fine chopped)
- 2-3 Cup Mix Vegetables (like Zuccini, Okra, green beans, carrots, sweet peas, bell peppers or whatever is available in your fridge)
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 Cup Black Seedless Grapes (Optional but recommended)
- 2 Garlic (fine chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Black Pepper (per taste about 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper)
- 1/2 Red Onion (Or white onion sliced in half moons)
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1. Wash, peel and dice the vegetables lengthwise or per your liking. For veggies like Okra or Zucchini, carrots or potato, heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and saute till they are lite brown from outside and tender. Remove and set aside on paper towel to drain the excess oil. Stir fry Tofu in same oil till it is light pink on all sides.
- 2. Now heat remaining tbsp oil in pan, add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes, curry powder and continue saute for 30 seconds.
- 3. Now add chopped tomatoes, salt and fry till tomatoes are cooked and disintegrate into the pan. At this point add all veggies except tofu and grapes and stir fry for 15 minutes. Now add grapes, tofu and cook till eveything is heated through. Switch off the heat.
- 4. You can serve curried mix vegetables as a side with grilled meats. Or try mixing in some leftover rice into the veggies to turn it into a weeknight meal. In my home, I often serve it as main dish with side of wheat bread.
Savita's Notes:You can serve curried mix vegetables as a side with grilled meats. Or try mixing in some leftover rice into the veggies to turn it into a weeknight meal. This dish stays good in refrigerator for 3-4 days, you can make it in advance and serve as side as many times as you like. Healthy way to feed your kids loads of veggies and easy to clean up leftover one or two veggie items in the fridge.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe