Roasted Cauliflower Couscous Salad
Posted By Savita
Paprika roasted Cauliflower, lemony fluffy Couscous, toasted pine nuts, earthy cumin, sweet raisins, fresh herbs and creamy feta cheese.. This couscous salad has it all! I can tell you, you will fall love with flavors.
This loaded couscous salad is a perfect crowd-pleaser! I love to pack it for potlucks, lunch, and even serve as hearty dinner side! So, today I thought to give you no-brainer Salad recipe for Labor Day!
Let's roast some cauliflower, cook perfectly lemony, lite and fluffy couscous (more on this below), and WOW everyone with a scrumptious Couscous Salad!
Few month's ago, I tried Lemony Couscous and Cauliflower Steak in Cheesecake Factory... I thought this recipe has to be on CDH. Today's recipe is not same but certainly my couscous and cauliflower pairing is inspired from that vegetarian main course. There were two highlights of that plate for me - roasted cauliflower and super lemony couscous. OMG! I loved it.
- 1 Cup Couscous (fine traditional couscous, dry)
- 1/2 Head Cauliflower (broken into florets)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (, plus extra for roasting caulifower)
- 1/4 Cup Lemon (juice)
- 1 tsp Paprika (mild)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Herbs
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts (prefer raw, unsalted, *toasted)
- 1 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- Bouillon Cube (1/2 tsp or 1 cup vegetable stock)
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- Feta Cheese (2-4 tablespoon, adjust per taste)
- 1. Bring 1 cup water will bouillon cube or 1 cup stock to rolling boil. Add in couscous, cover and set aside for 15 minutes. Once water fully absorbed, fluff with fork.
- 2. Preheat oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. On sheet tray, place cauliflower florets, add 1-2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt. Massage to distribute oil evenly. Sprinkle paprika on top. Roast in oven for 10-12 minutes until cauliflower is crisp tender. Once done, season with 1 tsp lemon juice. Set aside and let it cool.
- 3. In a bowl, add lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, oregano, and salt. Mix well to emulsify. Add to cooled and fluffed couscous. Fold in fresh chopped herbs, and cauliflower. Refrigerate until ready to use. Fold in feta cheese and toasted pine nuts before serving. Enjoy!
*Toasted Pine Nuts: To toast pine nuts, heat a dry skillet. Spread nuts in single layer. Let these toast until oil starts coming out and brown spots appear. Don't let'em over brown. Keep an eye as these are ready in 1-2 minutes.