Coconut Curry Shrimp (Creamy, Thai Red Curry)
Aromatic Curry Shrimp, creamy with coconut milk and loaded with spicy restaurant-style bold Thai curry flavor. (Ready in minutes for a speedy weeknight dinner.)
An easy recipe for Coconut Curry Shrimp with Red Thai Coconut Milk curry. Only 25 minutes kitchen to dinner table, this Thai curry recipe yields creamy, fragrant red curry broth, succulent shrimp with distinct Thai basil flavor. It is a speedy fix for any day chili night dinner. Gluten free, Low-fat with lean-protein, and Dairy-free.
Coconut Curry Shrimp is one of our top favorite curry to order in Thai Restaurants. Specially the flavorful and fragrant Red Curry, lean-protein shrimp and veggies makes me happy that even when eating-out, our choice of meal is healthier, full of veggies yet SO delicious. No wonder, everyone loves Red Curry!!
Good news! With this recipe, now you don't need to order from restaurant. Prepare it at home. It needs only 10 minutes prep.
So, let's make some Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp for dinner tonight!
This recipe is super special because by making at home, we; 1) save money, 2) save time 2) prepare super-quick and delicious restaurant favorite at home - much faster than order-and-wait-for-delivery. That's the whole purpose of ChefDeHome - cook restaurant favorites at home, affordable, healthy and delicious!
CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE THAI CURRY
These Curry recipe is very flexible. You can use any Thai Curry flavor. I often use the exact same recipe and just change the Thai curry paste: Green Curry Paste, Red Curry Paste, and Yellow Curry Paste. Pick the one you like and make Coconut Shrimp Yellow Curry/Or Green Curry.
Note: When time-pressed, and out of homemade curry pastes, I use Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste. It is 100% gluten free and vegan.
Tip: You can also replace Shrimp with tofu for a Vegetarian Red Curry. (Check fish sauce substitute in Recipe Card Notes)
Let me summarize why should you try this recipe tonight:
1. Coconut Milk - Creamy restaurant-style Red Curry without cream. You can keep low-fat with lite Coconut Milk.
2. Thai Curry - Use any Thai curry flavor. I used Red Curry. Green and Yellow works perfect.
3. Curry with succulent lean shrimp which makes it more lean and healthy weeknight dinner. Gluten free, Nuts Free (only tree nut - coconut used).
4. Shrimp cooks super fast, so curry comes together perfectly in 25 minutes. Still bursting with sweet and spicy Thai curry flavors.
5. Curry stays good for up-to a 1-2 days in refrigerator. You can also make just the Red Curry Sauce and it will stay good for 3-4 days. Add protien of choice when reheating.
Let's head to directions and enjoy this easy recipe for Coconut Curry Shrimp for dinner. (Don't forget to serve Jasmine Rice on the side.)
Wish you a wonderful start of the week.
Coconut Curry Shrimp (Creamy, Thai Red Curry)review) (1
- 2 tbsp Thai Curry Paste (Red Thai Curry Paste. See Note 2 for homemade paste recipe)
- 1 lbs Shrimp (cleaned, deveined, shelled medium shrimp)
- 14 Oz Coconut milk (unsweetened, organic low-fat lite coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce (See Note 1 for substitutes)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (cored and thin sliced)
- 1 Cup Mix Vegetables (such as snap peas, broccoli, baby corn)
- 1/4 Bunch Basil (preferably Thai basil )
- Rice (cooked white Jasmine rice, for serving)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika (sweet or medium, not smoked)
- Salt (adjust per taste)
- 1. Bring to boil 1/2 cup coconut milk in a deep saute pan on medium heat. Add Thai red curry paste, 2 springs of Thai basil (do not chop/tear basil), paprika, and sugar and boil stirring often until paste is fragrant and coconut milk reduces to half. (4-5 minutes)
- 2. Add remaining coconut milk, and vegetables (See Note 1). Bring to rolling boil on medium heat. Now add shrimp. Cook stirring often to prevent sticking at bottom, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Take off heat. Fish-out and discard the cooked Thai basil stems (if still intact). Stir-in the fish sauce, 1 tsp lime juice, and remaining fresh Thai basil leaves. Now, taste and adjust salt, lime juice. Serve over rice with extra lime wedges for a delicious Thai Red Curry and rice dinner.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.