with Crispy Potato Fries on side
Posted By Savita
Lemon marinated golden chicken drumsticks can be most loved dish for any event. You can serve it as main dish or starter. Marinate chicken ahead of time and then get it going in just 15 minutes. Its tangy and peppery taste will earn you lots of praise.
Lemon marinade is a very versatile marinade. Just a few ingredients and lemon can add a lot of flavor to any kind meat. In fact, I also use this same marinade for Tofu and Portobello Mushrooms. Key is, longer the marinade, better the flavor. So, marinade chicken in the morning and in the evening, just cook and serve.
For potato fires, wash, peel and dice two medium potatoes. Blanch potatoes in hot boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove from water and drain on paper towel. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add potatoes till they are crispy and golden brown from all sides and fully cooked. Dress lemons with ½ tbsp. lemon juice, salt and chopped 1 tbsp cilantro leaves.
To save sometime, par boil potatoes while chicken is marinating and set aside. Fry potatoes while you shallow frying chicken drumsticks. You can also use some oil drippings from pan with fried chicken to add to the flavor of fries.
- 1.5 lbs Chicken (Chicken Drumsticks Skin On)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (Grated)
- 2 tbsp Lemon (Fresh Lemon Juice)
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (Grated)
- 4 tbsp Butter - Salted
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (Crushed)
1. Marinate Chicken: Wash chicken and pat it dry with paper towel. In a bowl, take 1 tbsp lemon juice, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Add chicken and mix well. Cover the bowl and let it sit in marinade for 40 mins to 1 hr.
Additional NotesMake sure to wash hands after handling chicken.
2. Pan Fry Chicken: Heat oil in pan and shallow fry chicken till golden brown from all sides. Remove drumsticks on paper towel to drain extra oil. Remove any remaining oil from the pan. Turn on the heat. Add butter and let it melt a little. Add the left over marinade, 1 tbsp lemon juice and corn starch. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. (till chicken is fully cooked)
Additional NotesFor more flavour, you can also fry chicken in buter instead of oil.
3. Serve: Delicious lemon chicken is ready. Serve it hot with side of crispy potatoes. For more freshness, you can also garnish chicken with fresh chopped cilantro.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.