Posted By Savita
Egg is a versatile cooking ingredient. Many people who do not eat meat eat eggs. Delicious and quick this curry can be ready in 25 minutes. I call it easiest curry and everyone’s favorite. Meat lovers adore it and eggetarian vegetarians like it too.
If you have leftover eggs from devil eggs served for a party, you still can make curry with leftovers and enjoy a quick meal with Rice and Eggs. Kids love it for taste of eggs and moms love it because it is healthy for kids.
A nice change of pace and convenient on those days when I might have forgotten to thaw out the meat that I planned to cook in evening. Try this recipe and your family will fall in love with it.
Garnish egg curry with coriander leaves and serve hot with paratha, roti or rice for Lunch or Dinner.
Love to see you try my egg curry recipe. If you really like it, please share it or leave a message to let me know!
Note: Your love for egg curry made me make a few more scrumptious egg curries for you to choose! This Masala Omelet Egg Curry ! A few more are listed below!
Hungry for more? Try few newly added Egg Curry Recipes from suggestions below.
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
- 3-4 tbsp Yogurt (Well Beaten [If using thick yogurt then] blend with 4 tbsp of water)
- 4 Egg(s) (Boiled and Peeled)
- 1 tsp Ginger (Paste Or Grated)
- 1 tsp Garlic (Paste Or Grated)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (Chopped - Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes (Grated)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt (To Taste Approx. 1 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (finely chopped or grated)
- 1-2 Hot Green Pepper (small) (fine chopped Or 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper [Optional])
- 1.5 tbsp Canola Oil
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds. when these start sputtering, add onion and fry until light brown in color (4-5 minutes). Now, add ginger, garlic, green chilies. Fry for 2 minutes. Add turmeric and red chill powder and fry for a minute.2. Now add grated tomato, coriander powder and salt. Fry until oil separates.
3. Remove pan from heat and let the mixture cool for some time. Now add yogurt, 1 tbsp at a time and mix after each addition until all yogurt is mixed. Turn on heat and cook for 3-4 minutes continuously stirring the mixture. If gravy looks very thick, add water (2-3 tbsp) to adjust consistency and cook 2-3 minute more.
Additional NotesIt is important that you stir mixture continuously while adding yogurt, a little at a time. Or you can also blend this mixture with yogurt in blender or food processor. This process insures yogurt does not curdle.4. Turn off the heat and add eggs to the gravy. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Chapati or Rice.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.