Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
Introducing Air Fryer Corn on the Cob!! In just 12 mins in the air fryer, corn on the cob cooks perfectly moist and sweet. With creamy tangy Street Corn dressing, its the best summer corn treat ever!
Sharing today recipe for sweet Air Fryer Corn on the Cob coated in creamy tangy Mexican Street Corn dressing. It needs only 12 minutes to cook perfect air fried corn on cob. You will love the moist sweet cooked corn plus the cotija cheese dressing is finger-licking delicious.
Oh, also sharing three ways to dress the cooked corn on the cob. Read on to know more. (1 minute video coming soon. Stay tuned.)
Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
Honestly, since I made air fried corn on the cob in Air Fryer, it has become our family favorite.
I love making Air Fryer Corn because this gives me option to make corn on the cob for dinner without switching on the BBQ grill. Quick and easy with delicious results.
Once the corn is roasted in air fryer, you can dress it any way you prefer. I used Mexican Street Corn dressing for this recipe. You can also try Poblano and Sour Cream dressing from my Grilled Corn On The Cob recipe.
What Do You Need To Make Corn On The Cob?
Recipe is very simple. Once you have the corn, rest of the ingredients are easy pantry staples. Plus I'm adding few substitutes to make it even more easy to try this corn recipe. :) You are welcome!
Here is what you need to make Corn on the Cob:
- White or Yellow corn on the cob (I used white. Yellow Corn also works if you prefer sweeter corn.)
- Mayo (or see substitutes)
- Cotija Cheese (or see substitutes)
- Lime Juice
- Cilantro (or herb of choice)
- Salt and Pepper.
- Mayo: You can replace mayo with thick Greek yogurt (drain water) or equal part sour cream mixed with cream cheese.
- Cotija Cheese: Replace with parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese.
- Seasoning: I use variety of seasoning for dressing corn on the cob. Go for Mexican classics such as Tajin, Taco/Fajita Seasoning or simply use paprika with salt and pepper.
Cooking Corn On The Cob in Air Fryer
It is very easy to cook corn on the cob in the air fryer. Simply four steps:
- Remove husk from corn cobs. Break in half if using round air fryer like I used Ninja Foodi XL. Lightly brush oil on the corn.
- Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees for 3 minutes. Place corn in Air Fryer. Air Fry at 400 degrees or Air Broil (preferred).
- Turn halfway through cooking and keep an eye in last 2 minutes.
- In meantime, make dressing. Coat hot cooked corn in the dressing.
That's it! Air Fried Corn on the Cob is ready.
Air fryer delivers!
For Best Results:
When cooking Corn Cobs in the Air Fryer, I always make sure to:
- Preheat Air Fryer to ensures even cooking from the start.
- Brush oil on corn before air frying for moist roasted corn (almost fried) yet air fried.
- Turn Corn on the Cob half-way through cooking. This ensures even cooking and perfect browning.
Time for Cooking Corn On The Cob in Air Fryer:
I use Ninja Foodi Max XL Air Fryer. It had Air Broil setting as well as Air Fry Settings. Here is timing to cook corn on the cob in either one.
- Air Broil: I love air broil due to high heat (450 degrees Fahrenheit) which makes Air Fried Corn On The Cob taste like grilled or roasted to perfection. It takes 10-12 minutes at Air Broil setting, at 450 degrees Fahrenheit to make perfectly cooked Corn on the cob.
- Air Fry: To air fry, preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook corn on the cob for 7 minutes, then turn and continue cook another 6-7 minutes.
Tip: For best results, keep an eye in last 2 minutes. Turn corn on the cob 1-2 times during cooking for even cooking.
Air Fryer Corn On The Cob Dressing:
To dress the Corn on the cob, I use variety of dressing based on what I have available or what is my family in mood to eat. I mean, simple sweet corn, spicy corn or nostalgic Mexican street corn! Here are all three dressing recipe ideas:
- Simply Sweet Buttery Roasted Corn On The Cob: Mix some room temperature butter with minced herbs such as basil or cilantro, salt and pepper. Brush on the hot corn on the cob just out of the sir fryer (like shown in picture above). Serve while still hot. Perfect as side with BBQ.
- Spicy Corn: Try my Poblano and Sour Cream dressing from my Grilled Corn On The Cob recipe. Or brush corn with butter and then top with Tajin or Pepper-based seasoning. Delicious every time! Perfect to entertain guests.
- Mexican Street Corn: The dressing recipe for street corn on the cob is included in the Recipe Card.
Friends, cooking corn on the cob in air fryer is fun, easy and just needs 12 minutes. You can make yummy corn on the cob even for summer weekday dinner at moment's notice! How good does that sound? I hope you will like it as much as we do. Happy Cooking!
Try these corn recipes:
Air Fryer Corn On The Cobreviews) (5
- 1. Prepare Corn for Air Frying: Remove and discard husk from the corn. Cut in half. Lightly brush each cob with a coal of oil. Set aside. See Note 1.
- 2. Make Mexican Corn Dressing: In a bowl or small sheet pan, mix mayo, sour cream (if using), cotija cheese, lime juice, garlic, chili, cilantro, and salt. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- 3. Preheat Air Fryer: Insert air fryer rack in air fryer. Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit at Air Fry setting for 3 minutes.
- 4. Air Fry : Place corn cobs in air fryer. Air fry at Air Broil setting at 450 degree Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Pause at 5 minutes mark and turn corn with tongs and then continue cooking. Keep an eye in last 2 minutes based on how charred/blistered corn you prefer. I go for full 12 minutes. See Note 2.
- 5. Coat in Dressing and Serve: Roll hot corn in the dressing mixed in Step-2 (or brush dressing on the corn). Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle more cotija cheese, seasoning on the top. Serve lime wedges on the side. Serve while still warm. Enjoy.
- I break each corn cob into half to better fit in my air fryer. I use Ninja Foodi XL (5 liters). If fryer you using can hold whole corn on the cob then leave it whole.
- Air Fry: For Air Fry, cook at 400 degrees for 14 minutes. 7 minutes each side.
- Mayo Substitute: You can replace mayo with thick Greek yogurt (drain water) or equal part sour cream mixed with the cream cheese.
- Seasoning: I use variety of seasoning for dressing corn on the cob. Go for Mexican classics such as Tajin, Taco/Fajita Seasoning or simply use mild paprika with salt and pepper.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.