Posted On: May, 12 | Author: Savita
Satisfy the sweet tooth this holiday season with a deliciously easy Christmas cake recipe. Rich, dark, moist fruit cake, very flavorful Christmas cake is loved by everyone during Christmas holiday season, but my kids love to enjoy this cake anytime. Christmas cake baking is a joy of the holiday season. I have perfected this recipe over a period of time. Last Christmas holidays we made a couple of these cakes and gifted to friends and relatives, it was delightful to hear that everyone loved the cake and vanished in minutes
Christmas Cakereview) (1
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: American (Dessert)
- 1. Soak Mix dried fruits into 1/8 cup of cognac mix with 1/8 cup of luke warm water for about an hour
- 2. Preheat oven at 300 degree F.
- 3. Prepair a 9x6 inch cake pan by applying some butter and dusting it with 1 table spoon white flour
- 4. Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar till pale yellow in color, with stand mixer running at low add 4 eggs (one at a time), blending well after adding each egg. Add Orange zest and juice. Add sifted white flour into the mixture (small portions at a time). Fold in nutmeg, ginger powder, almonds, dried mixed fruits and the soaking liquid.
- 5. Pour the batter in the baking pan
- 6. Bake at 300 degree F for about one hour or till toothpick test comes clean. Once the cake is done and is still warm, Brush 1/8 cup Cognac all over the cake including sides and wrap it in aluminium foil, Wrap the cake in Aluminium foil and leave it for 5-6 hours (preferably overnight) to enjoy this rich, dark and delicious Christmas Cake
Savita's Notes:Involve your kids in preparing a cake, and you’ll be making holiday memories that will never fade.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe