Posted By Savita
- 1/4 Cup Cognac
- 2 Cup All-Purpose Flour (sifted)
- 1.5 Cup Mix dried fruits (assortment of raisins, sultanas, currants, dried cranberries and/or cherries)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg (grated)
- 1 tsp Ginger (powder)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (at room temparature)
- 4 Egg(s) (at room temparature)
- Oranges (Zest and Juice)
- 1 &1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 50 Grams Almonds (Sliced)
1. Soak Mix dried fruits into 1/8 cup of cognac mix with 1/8 cup of luke warm water for about an hour
2. Preheat oven at 300 degree F.
3. Prepair a 9x6 inch cake pan by applying some butter and dusting it with 1 table spoon white flour
4. Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar till pale yellow in color, with stand mixer running at low add 4 eggs (one at a time), blending well after adding each egg. Add Orange zest and juice. Add sifted white flour into the mixture (small portions at a time). Fold in nutmeg, ginger powder, almonds, dried mixed fruits and the soaking liquid.
5. Pour the batter in the baking pan
6. Bake at 300 degree F for about one hour or till toothpick test comes clean. Once the cake is done and is still warm, Brush 1/8 cup Cognac all over the cake including sides and wrap it in aluminium foil, Wrap the cake in Aluminium foil and leave it for 5-6 hours (preferably overnight) to enjoy this rich, dark and delicious Christmas Cake
Savita's Notes:Involve your kids in preparing a cake, and you’ll be making holiday memories that will never fade.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.