Ramen Noodles in Soup
Posted By Savita
Every time I make this soup, the star ingredient of this soup - Ramen Noodles, bring back a lot of old memories of my office days (especially in winters). During lunch-hour we used to rush to a road side eatery, operated by an Asian family. Their Chef, an Asian boy in his early twenties use to prepare more than 10 dishes with just Ramen Noodles as main ingredient (I always wondered where did he learn all this?) and I enjoyed almost all of them – each one a little different from other. However, my favorites were - Ramen Soup, Ramen Vegetable Stir Fry and Spicy Ramen Chicken. No one can match that taste. But, whenever I crave for those dishes, I try to add my own spin and eat’em remembering old days.
So next time you buy Ramen Noodles, make this quick soup and have wonderful lazy evening.
Ramen Noodles in Soup
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion (scallions - green and white parts chopped separately)
- 2 Ramen Noodles (2 package + 1 tbsp ramen seasoning)
- 2 Cup Vegetable Stock (+ 2 cups of water)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Carrots (small diced one medium carrot - Optional)
- 2 Garlic (cloves of garlic)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger (1-2 inch ginger root grated)
- 1 Cup Tofu (diced firm or semi-firm tofu)
- 2 tbsp Lemon (Juice)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste + per salt in vegetable stock )
- 1 tsp Sugar
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Heat oil in a deep pot, add chopped garlic, ginger, carrot and saute for 1 minute.2. Now add scallion whites (green onion white parts), sugar and ramen seasoning (if not using seasoning then add 1/2 tsp paprika + 1/2 tsp curry powder) and continue frying for 1 more minute.
3. Now add vegetable stock, water, sriracha, soy sauce and ramen noodles. Bring to boil and then lower the heat.4. Add diced tofu, scallion greens, salt (adjust per taste). Stir to combine and cook till ramen noodles are al-dente or cooked to your liking (not more then 5 minutes)
5. Serve hot with some slices of lemon and enjoy!!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.