Tomato & Red Wine Sauce
Posted By Savita
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
- 6 Cup Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 Cup Wine (Red Wine)
- Salt and Black Pepper (To Taste)
- 2 tbsp Basil (Fresh Basil)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (Medium )
- 2-3 Garlic (Cloves)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning (Dry Herbs)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. In a heavy bottom soup pot, heat oil and add onions. Fry till these start to caramelize. Add garlic and Herbs and cook for 4-5 minutes. If using fresh herbs, then wait to add those at end.2. Deglaze with 1/4 cup of red wine. Cook for 2 minutes. Now add tomatoes with juice . Add sugar and red pepper (if using).
3. Bring to boil and then simmer for about 1 hr. Add fresh basil half way through cooking.4. If like chunky sauce then this is it... Pour it over any kind of pasta you like and enjoy !! Or you can use emulsion blender / food mill to grind sauce to fine paste.
Savita's Notes:You can also prepare it ahead of time (Consume within 1 week) Or freeze for later use.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.