Coffee Chai Latte
Experience a strong black tea with extra kick from Coffee with my Coffee Chai Latte. A special treat for strong Chai lovers (with nice touch of coffee). I am fond of having a strong cup of hot Masala Chai for breakfast every morning. Even though Masala Chai is strong enough to wake up your senses, sometimes I need a stronger version to get the day started. Invention of this drink was accidental. I was out of chai, had just one tablespoon. To make it strong, I decided to add some instant coffee in it and I was blown away with the taste and strong flavor. I am hooked to it since then.
If you are a tea fan like me, you will fall in love with my version of strong coffee chai latte. Now-a-days, often for a stronger cup of chai, I add instant coffee powder to simmering black tea on the stove and you won't believe, the end product will wake you right up.
I use Nestle Instant Coffee Powder for this Caffe-Chai Latte. You can also add some fresh brewed coffee (about 1/2 cup, if using then reduce the amount of water in tea by 1/2 cup) also.
Make some Coffee-Chai Latte coming Saturday and enjoy the morning!!
Coffee Chai Latte
- 1 Cup Milk (low fat milk)
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Coffee (Instant Coffee Powder)
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp Black Tea (black tea like Darjling Tea or Breakfast or Society Tea. 3 Sachets)
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar (Optional or as per taste)
- 1. To foam the milk, if not using steamer, then fill a medium-sized sauce pan with 1/2 cup milk. Make sure to leave room for the foam. On low heat, whisk milk, slow initially and then faster as the milk heats up, but don't let it boil. Once have enough foam (about 6-10 minutes), remove from the heat.
- 2. In an another sauce pan, bring 3 cups water to a rolling boil. Add tea and simmer for 8-12 minutes till tea gives nice dark black color to the water and also water has reduced from original 3 cup to about 2 and 1/4 cup. Now add instant coffee, remaining 1/2 cup cold milk and reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3. Divide hot tea to four coffee mugs, stir in some sugar(if using). Top with foamed milk per your liking. Dust with some cinnamon or cocoa powder (optional) and serve immediately.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.