Chickpea fritters in curried yogurt sauce
Posted By Savita
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Blended with 1.5 Cup Water Or Use 2 Cup Butter Milk and ½ Cup water)
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour (And Extra 1 tbsp for Yogurt mixture)
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek (Methi Seeds)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Garlic (Garlic crushed Or Paste)
- 1/2 Cup White Onion (2 inch slices)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil (Plus extra for frying)
- 2 tbsp Green Onion (Chopped - Optional)
- 1 or 2 Whole Dry Red Pepper
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Take flour in a bowl, add scallions, red onion, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp red pepper powder, 1/2 tbsp garlic and thyme. Mix water into dry ingredients (little at a time). Repeat adding the water till batter is little thicker than Pancake Batter.2. Heat oil in a deep frying pan (Or Fryer) . When oil is hot, fry fitters 3-4 at a time. (Check by dropping pinch of batter in oil. It should float to surface at count of 3).
Additional NotesNever overcrowd your frying pan since that will drop oil temperature and fritters will become oily.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add fenugreek seeds (methi seeds), fry for 1 minute. then add mustard seeds, whole Red Pepper, cumin seeds, white onion slices and fry till onions are just translucent.4. Add remaining 1/2 tbsp garlic paste and 1/2 tsp turmeric and fry for 1 more minute.
5. In a blender, combine lassi (yogurt and water mixture), 1 tbsp Chick Pea Flour(Besan), 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Reduce the heat to low and add blended mixture in the pan. Slowly increase the heat and keep stirring frequently till liquid reaches boiling point. Keep cooking for 10 more minutes on medium heat.
Additional NotesStir while cooking this mixture to avoid curdling of yogurt which separates water from yogurt6. Add fried Pakoras (fritters) and cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes.
7. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve hot with Steamed Rice Or Chapati.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.