Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos
Flavorful and juicy Tequila-lime marinated grilled chicken tacos with avocado and strawberry salsa!
Posted By Savita
I first tasted Tequila-Lime Chicken in a local farmer market food fair. We loved the flavor and I decided to sure try it at home. I am always finding different ways to make chicken delicious and appealing because that is the only way to make hard core red meat eaters stick to lean and healthy chicken.
Tequila mostly cooks-off during the grilling but it tenderizes the meat beautifully during the marination and leaves a hint of flavor behind. Zesty spices, lime and hint of sugar gives grilled chicken ton of flavor with charred and caramelized color. Now, a grilled-food lovers cannot say "no" to flavorful juicy tender chicken! :) Can he?!
Also, this recipe is super easy. Other than marinating chicken, rest is as easy as switching-on the grill! Due to tequila in marinade, chicken gets tenderized and cooks way fast on the grill. Warm a couple of tortillas on the grill, serve salsa of your choice, fresh avocado and sour cream on the side! A delicious family-dinner is ready!
How good does that sound?
and how delicious does this look?
Tequila Lime chicken is served in many restaurants around my area. These days I'm cooking it at home and saving lots of money. All I had to do is invest in a bottle of Tequila. Tequila Chicken marinade does not need a lot of alcohol. Just 1/4 cup for a pound of chicken is sufficient. We want a falvor-packed chicken not drunk-chicken! ;-) So a little goes a long way!
If you planning to enjoy grilled chicken this season, invest in a bottle of Tequila, my friends! Then marinate chicken, even turkey or lamb! I even through some cauliflower in this marinade and grill for veggie tacos.
I served this chicken dinner with corn tacos, strawberry salsa and fresh sliced avocado. I have included salsa this post notes and have also compiled few of my previous salsa recipes.
Other than Strawberry Salsa, here are few of favorite Salsa and Guacamole recipes which go great on Tequila Chicken Tacos:
Feel free to serve some rice and beans on the side if you like and enjoy easy Mexican Dinner in comfort of your own home.
I hope you enjoying Monday so far! Hope to see you around!
Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken Tacos
- 1/4 Cup Tequila
- 2 Lime (zest of one lime and juice of two)
- 2 tsp Sugar (brown sugar will caramelize better)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Salt and Black Pepper (3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper, adjust per taste)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Parsley (dry parsley leaves)
- 1 lbs Chicken (2-3 skinless chicken breasts)
- 4-6 Tortillas (for serving - wheat or corn tortillas)
- Cilantro (for serving - fresh cilantro for garnish)
- 1 Cup Salsa (pico de gallo)
- Avocado (fresh sliced)
- 1 Cup Strawberries (chopped and mixed into salsa)
Tequila Lime Marinade for Chicken
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Marinade - Combine all marinade ingredients except chicken in a wide bowl and mix well.2. Add 1/4 cup water to the marinade, then add chicken and coat in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hrs.
3. Heat an iron griddle or heavy bottom skillet. (You can also grill this chicken outdoors.) When griddle is hot, spray with some oil, place chicken slices and let cook per side 8 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.4. Remove chicken in plate. Let it rest for sometime. In meantime, warm tortillas in microwave or grill until warm and soft. Slice chicken, top on tortillas, strawberry pico de gallo, fresh avocado, lime wedges and cilantro leaves. Serve and enjoy!
Strawberry Salsa: For salsa, in medium bowl, add small diced 1 pint strawberries, 1/2 red onion, 1 medium tomato, 1 jalapeno. Mix in 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt, dash paprika, and a tsp sugar. Mix well and set aside for 15-20 minutes for flavors to marry! Top over chicken and enjoy!
Grilling Tip: A common mistake we make when grilling is to keep turning the chicken/meat over. Do not touch the chicken/meat until it done on one side and flip and cook untouched on the other side. Frequent turning and tossing will make chicken dry.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.