Authentic Italian Dish
- 4 Egg(s) (Egg Yellow/Yolks)
- 1/4 Cup Coffee Liqueur
- 12 Ladyfinger Cookies
- 1 tbsp Coffee (Dark Espresso)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
1. Beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar till light lemon in color. (5 minutes). Place mixture in a double Boiler and cook on reduced heat for 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool down.2. Make 1/2 cup of strong dark coffee (without milk). Let it cool. Add 1 tsp Sugar and Coffee Liquor. In a another bowl, beat heavy cream with 1 tsp sugar till soft and fluffy. Gently fold in half of the heavy cream in egg yolk mixture.
3. To assemble the dessert, take a glass dish, put some egg yolk cream mixture at bottom of dish. Now, brush each landyfinger with espresso coffe mixture Or quickly dip lady fingers in espresso mix and arrange a layer in the dish.4. Cover with thin a layer of Egg Yolk Cream mixture. Layer espresso dipped ladyfingers and then with cream again. Repeat one more time.
5. Pour remaining Heavy Cream on top and make an even layer.6. Let it set in refrigerator for at least 12 hours (desirable 24 hrs). Before serving, dust dark cocoa powder on top. Enjoy the perfect dessert which will sing in your mouth.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe