Korean BBQ Tofu Tacos
Posted By Savita
We both love Korean Style BBQ. Since I made Korean BBQ Lamb for my husband, he demands it often. Sometimes, when I am not in mood to eat meat, I use a portion of Korean BBQ Marinade to make some Vegetarian BBQ Tofu for me. Firm or Extra Firm tofu (use Indian Paneer if you can find) works great with Korean marinade.
If you are catering party or get together with vegetarian people on-board, same bbq marinade will solve twin purpose. Meat-eaters and vegetarians both will love it.
Guilt-free taco experience, yet filling with soy protein and delicious sweet and smoky bbq taste.
Firm Tofu can also be grilled outdoor, will stand direct grill flame very easily and brown sugar in marinade will give it nice dark color and delicious sweet and savory bite.
Keep vegetarian toppings ready and everyone will be happy, yet, you doing so less work to impress whole gathering!! awesome!
Korean BBQ Tofu Tacos
- 1/2 lbs Tofu (extra firm tofu, water drained, dried in paper towel for 10 minutes, then cubed)
- Tortillas (Wheat or Corn Tortilla for serving)
- 1 Cup Mix Vegetables (Taco Toppings - like I used mango, red onion, lettuce, cilantro)
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 3 Garlic (garlic cloves)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger
- 2-3 Green Onion (white and green parts of 2-3 scallions)
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil (for frying or use oil spray for grilling)
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
1. Marinade - Combine Soy, fish sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, canola oil, rice vinegar, 1 tbsp sriracha, scallions (green onion), ginger and garlic. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add tofu, cover and refrigerate for 20 mins.
2. Grill Tofu - Heat an iron griddle indoor or outdoor grill with flat Iron Griddle. When griddle is very hot, spray some oil and place marinated tofu cubes, and let it cook in steam for 2-3 minutes until crisp at the bottom.Flip and cook other side until crispy another 2-3 minutes.
3. Assemble - Toast/grill wheat tacos per your liking. top with slices mango, lettuce, onion and tofu. Top with cilantro and some sriracha and serve immediately.
Savita's Notes:You can also serve this BBQ Tofu as snack. Marinade, skew, grill and serve on skewers with some asian dipping sauce on the side.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.