Cool Cucumber Raita recipe
Posted By Savita
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
- 1.5 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber (Grated)
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Using a hand blender or egg beater, well beat yogurt till creamy and smooth (with no lumps).
Additional NotesAdd some water to achieve the creamy consistency2. Peel and grate or finely chop cucumber.
Additional NotesIf you like, Squeeze the excess water from cucumber.
3. Add salt, sugar, red pepper, black pepper(optional), gratted cucumber, chopped green pepper (optional), cilantro to yogurt and mix well.4. Serve it chilled with Rice Or Curries or refrigerate till ready to serve.
Savita's Notes:Cucumber raita can also be an excellent dip with spicy potato vegges or crispy tortilla chips. This is also a healthy option that can be served independently on a sunny summer day. A perfect way to feed picky kids some serving of vegetable hidden in tangy sweet yogurt. You can also make this recipe with pineapple
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.