Cool Cucumber Raita recipe
Posted On: Aug, 28 | Author: Savita
Raita is cucumber-yogurt sauce used as a cooling balance for spicy dishes. This famous Indian raita is flavored with grated cucumbers along with hint of red peppers and cilantro. This is one of hundred variations of savory yogurt raita which is cool and refreshing. This serves as an excellent side dish with hot indian curries. Let your guests mix raita with their rice and curry to cool the spiciness.
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Indian (Side Dish)
- 1.5 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber (Grated)
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (Optional)
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (Chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
1. Using a hand blender or egg beater, well beat yogurt till creamy and smooth (with no lumps). Additional Notes: Add some water to achieve the creamy consistency2. Peel and grate or finely chop cucumber. Additional Notes: If you like, Squeeze the excess water from cucumber.
3. Add salt, sugar, red pepper, black pepper(optional), gratted cucumber, chopped green pepper (optional), cilantro to yogurt and mix well.4. Serve it chilled with Rice Or Curries or refrigerate till ready to serve.
Savita's Notes:Cucumber raita can also be an excellent dip with spicy potato vegges or crispy tortilla chips. This is also a healthy option that can be served independently on a sunny summer day. A perfect way to feed picky kids some serving of vegetable hidden in tangy sweet yogurt. You can also make this recipe with pineapple
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe