Lemon-Herb Pasta Primavera
An easy, scrumptious, and colorful - Vegetarian Pasta Dinner
Posted By Savita
Pasta Primavera translates to "Spring Pasta" in English and that's what this pasta is all about - an easy pasta recipe, packed with veggies, for a filling vegetarian dinner. Lots and lots of colorful vegetables, fresh herbs, lemon, cream, and your favorite pasta in ONE bowl!
A part of me call it "Pasta" and a part of me call it "salad". Really, the colors and crunchy vegetables in pasta primavera can make anyone think it is a "salad". Plus, I like my veggies very very crunchy that this pasta always remind me of a satisfying Pasta Salad.
Even though it is official "Spring" time in US, in California, it already feels like summer. I'm very fond of growing my own herbs during this time of the year..... love picking a few herbs for a delicious summer/spring inspired meal! Today, my inspiration was driven by fresh Sage, Mint, and Parsley from my mini-patio-garden and juicy strawberries, which fueled my thought to make something colorful and delicious...... like a Pasta Primavera with Strawberry Lemonade (recipe coming soon)!
I'm not sure why is it called Pasta Primavera because, I really can eat this joyful "bowl of colors", any season of the year, with various combo of seasonal vegetables!
No kidding! It is that delicious!
This Pasta recipe is also One-Pot Pasta (almost). Once pasta has cooked, it is all about just mixing everything together in same pot. If you prefer, instead of using a separate pan to saute veggies, you can simply cook veggies in same pasta water in last 2 minutes. Just remember to cook veggies very little, juts until crisp tender or they don't taste very good.
A good pasta is all about it's sauce. Once you have find or in other words, identified, your favorite blend of ingredients which make a killer sauce........ Pasta will be "a piece of cake" and "oh so easy to make" for dinner! There are many variation of Pasta Primavera and few of them tend to be loaded with cream. My favorite sauce is lite lemony and herbaceous Goat Cheese Sauce with veggies and pasta as per my latest groceries in the refrigerator. For this batch, I have used Asparagus, Red Bell Pepper, and Peas with Orecchiette Pasta.
Let me sum up this Delicious Bowl of Pasta for you, again!
1. Easy to make, it just needs 15 minutes of your active time (cut veggies, saute while pasta boil, mix in everything to make saucy Pasta Primavera, and serve!).
2. Perfect for weekdays, this is (almost) One Pot Pasta dinner!
3. Loaded with veggies and very versatile. Use any combination of veggies you like: Zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, cheery tomatoes... you name it!
4. Pasta Primavera is healthy and satisfying 'Family Dinner'
I love the fact that it helps me bring good serving of veggies to the dinner table! Plus the colors!!!! Are to die-for!
Tell me, WHO will not love to dig into this "Bowl of Spring"?!
I'm sure your family will enjoy it as much as we do! Make some today!!
Have Great day!
A few more Pasta Inspirations for Pasta Dinner at home:
Lemon-Herb Pasta Primavera
- 1/2 lbs Pasta (penne or orecchiette pasta)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeds removed, sliced into thin strips)
- 6-8 Asparagus (spears, end trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas (frozen, don't thaw)
- 2 tbsp Mint (leaves, about 3-4 large leaves)
- 1 tbsp Sage (about 2 leaves, chopped, more for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (fresh leaves, chopped, more for garnish)
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Goat Cheese
- Salt and Black Pepper (per taste, plus more to season pasta water)
1. Bring a pot of water to rolling boil, season with salt. Add pasta and cook according to package direction.
2. While pasta is cooking, slice the vegetable and set aside. Chop the herbs and add to a small bowl with lemon zest and juice. Set aside. In a saute pan, add 1/2 tbsp of oil. When oil is hot, add veggies (asparagus, bell pepper, and frozen peas), cook just veggies are crisp tender. (about 1 minute)
Additional NotesI prefer to keep veggies very crunchy. You can cook'em for one more minute, if you like.
3. Once pasta has cooked, drain water reserving about 1/4 cup for sauce. Return pasta pot, add veggies, goat cheese, herb-lemon mix, olive oil, fresh cracked black pepper (about 1/4 tsp) and reserved pasta water. Gently toss it until goat cheese has melted and coated the pasta. Taste and adjust salt and black pepper.
4. Transfer to serving bowl or individual serving plates. Serve immediately!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.