Deep Fried Salted Crackers
Posted By Savita
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Semolina
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (or Ajwain)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (Coarsly Cracked)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (Ghee)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Yogurt (Mixed with 2 tablespoon water)
- Canola Oil (for frying)
1. sift together, white flour, Semolina flour, salt and baking powder. Add ghee and rub the flour mixture together till it resembles bread crumbs.
2. Mix in yogurt and little water to make a pillable dough. Cover it with wet cloth and set aside for 30-40 minutes.
3. Pour the dough on a working surface dusted with some white flour and make small 2" size balls. Flatten each ball with rolling pin to 4 inch diameter flat bread. Make sure not press it to much with rolling pen. Use very little pressure to roll it.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry each flat circle (2-3) at a time till crisp golder brown from all sides.
5. Drain it on a papper towel. Serve hot or at room temprature with Tea or Coffee.
Savita's Notes:You can also make some extra dough balls and frezee those for later use.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.