Deep Fried Salted Crackers
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Semolina
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (or Ajwain)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (Coarsly Cracked)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (Ghee)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Yogurt (Mixed with 2 tablespoon water)
- Canola Oil (for frying)
- 1. sift together, white flour, Semolina flour, salt and baking powder. Add ghee and rub the flour mixture together till it resembles bread crumbs.
- 2. Mix in yogurt and little water to make a pillable dough. Cover it with wet cloth and set aside for 30-40 minutes.
- 3. Pour the dough on a working surface dusted with some white flour and make small 2" size balls. Flatten each ball with rolling pin to 4 inch diameter flat bread. Make sure not press it to much with rolling pen. Use very little pressure to roll it.
- 4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry each flat circle (2-3) at a time till crisp golder brown from all sides.
- 5. Drain it on a papper towel. Serve hot or at room temprature with Tea or Coffee.
Savita's Recipe Notes:You can also make some extra dough balls and frezee those for later use.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe