Leftover Turkey Chipotle Potato Hash Tacos
Posted By Savita
Lightened-up, spiced-up, and zippy turkey tacos for your day after thanksgiving leftover turkey feasting!
This year, forget turkey sandwich and start the tradition of leftover turkey tacos! With spice of chipotle, fresh toppings, pickle onion, dollop of sour cream and splash of lime juice..... these tacos are perfect after-holiday meal!
Oh, and you know the best part? Turkey chipotle Potato Hash tacos come together in just 20 minutes, start to finish! With cooked roasted leftover turkey already in refrigerator, all you have to do is : boil some potatoes and prepare toppings! In-fact, if you have leftover potatoes from holiday feast, you can even use those instead of boiling a fresh batch.
I'm sure agree, even though Turkey feast is meant to be devoured, holiday feasts can get overwhelming heavy. So, I prefer to lighten-up and spice-up the leftovers with fresh toppings and zesty flavors to balance the richness.
- 1 Cup Turkey (3 or 4 Turkey Breast slices, small diced)
- 2 Potatoes (medium yukon gold potatoes, boiled, or use leftover mashed potatoes)
- 2 tbsp Chipotle in Adobo (1 pepper and 1 tbsp sauce)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Salt (as per taste)
- 3-4 tbsp Cilantro
- Lime (wedges, for dressing red onions and also for serving)
- 2-4 Tortillas
- Red Onion (sliced thin moons, and coated in juice of half lime)
- Sour Cream (for serving)
- 1/2 Cucumber (peeled, and small diced)
- 1. Dice boiled potato and turkey into small cubes and set aside. Slice red onion into thin half moons, squeeze juice of half lime and set aside.
- 2. In an iron skillet or heavy bottom pan, melt butter. Add potatoes, tomato paste, and minced chipotle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Saute for 1 minute and then spread in one layer, reduce heat to medium and let the potato hash caramelize and get crispy.
- 3. After 3 minutes, flip the potatoes, add diced turkey and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes until hash is desired crispy and turkey is warmed through. Taste and adjust salt and remove from heat
- 4. Warm the tortillas if you prefer. Top each tortilla with few tablespoons of turkey hash. Top with red onions, diced cucumber, cilantro, and some sour cream. Serve with more lime wedges on the side and enojy!