Crispy Baked Ranch Potato
Let's put oven to work for these spicy, crispy, baked Ranch Potatoes. Need only 10 minutes prep.
Posted By Savita
Today, I transformed traditional Ranch Potatoes into baked, crispy, and spicy Ranch Potatoes coated in creamy homemade Ranch Sauce. This recipe will change the way you serve Ranch Potato. I guarantee. Gluten free, low-oil, vegan, and paleo. Need only 10 minutes prep and rest is the job of oven.
This Ranch Potatoes Recipe is 2-in-1. 1) Learn how to make baked potatoes crispy just like fried. 2) Explore to make spicy Ranch Potatoes with my blend of ranch seasoning.
1) Crispy Baked Potatoes:
I love low-oil cooked food love crispy potatoes. Unless recipe calls for tender potatoes, good baked potatoes should be crispy just like fried. There are three simple steps to get crispy baked potatoes.
1) Fully Dry the Cut Potatoes: Make sure cut potatoes (wedges or diced) are dry. No trace of water hanging around. Water and crispy does not belong.
Baking Wet Potatoes = Soggy Potatoes
Baking Fully Dry Potatoes = Crispy Brown Baked Potatoes.
2) Don't skimp on Oil: Even if you use good amount of oil like I used about 1/4 of cup for 2 pound of potatoes. From good amount of oil, I mean enough to coat potatoes well. Oil promotes browning, making potatoes taste crispy just like fried in 30-35 minutes.
It is still a low-oil recipe. The oil used to coat potatoes help browning and remaining steeps away into sheet pan. So, overall Potatoes use very less oil.
3) Space Potatoes Apart on Baking Sheet: Make sure to space-apart potatoes and arrange in single layer on the baking sheet.
Crowded Potatoes = Steamed Soft Potatoes
Well Spaced Potatoes = Crispy Brown Baked Potatoes
Oh, please note, well spaced potatoes also cook faster. 5-10 minutes faster than a baking sheet more crowded.
2) Ranch Potatoes:
These Ranch potatoes have delicious flavor of traditional Ranch Seasoning of onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. And my spicy secret addition of cumin and cayenne. I recommend mixing these 6 ingredients and use anytime you want a Spicy Ranch flavor. I bet you will never go back to your old favorite.
These two, cumin and cayenne, take Ranch flavor to over the top delicious, way more flavorful and spiced. Specially with drizzle of my homemade Ranch Sauce... these potatoes taste amazingly addictive.
My only recommendation is to serve while still hot with drizzle of cool ranch sauce. So so good together!
Note: This post is part-2 of my 2-part series on Ranch flavors. We first enjoyed Ranch Sauce and now Ranch Potatoes which go amazingly well together. I decided to keep these recipes separate because Ranch Potatoes are vegan, and also keto, paleo diet friendly. If you planning a Paleo Menu, include this recipe without the Ranch Sauce.
Wish you a wonderful day. (Don't forget to pin these delicious Ranch Potato to try later.)
Crispy Baked Ranch Potato
- 2 lbs Potatoes (yukon gold, diced 1 inch, skin-on.)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt and Black Pepper
- Green Onion (chopped, for serving)
- Parsley (fresh leaves, for serving)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Adjust oven to middle rack.
2. Pat dry diced potatoes with paper towel. Leave aside on paper towel for 10 minutes to get rid of moisture. In meantime, oil spray two baking sheets and set aside.
Additional NotesDon't wash cut potatoes. Wash, pat dry with towel, and then dice and pat dry again.
3. Toss potatoes with oil, cumin, garlic, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Spread spaced apart on two baking sheets. Make sure to have enough space so that potatoes get crispy instead of steaming.4. Bake potatoes in preheated oven at 400 for about 35-40 minutes. (Well-spaced will be done in 30-35 minutes. Best is to keep an eye after 30 minutes.)
5. Drizzle homemade **Ranch Sauce (recipe link in notes) on top, followed by fresh chopped parsley and scallions. Serve on side with your favorite Chicken dinner. Enjoy!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.