Roasted Tomato and Smoked Salmon Potato Latkes
Thanks to Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser for sponsoring this post. All opinions expressed are mine alone. #RockTheHolidays #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Made from scratch, easy mini Potato Latkes topped with sweet roasted cherry tomatoes, smoked salmon, and cooling sour cream! This scrumptious appetizer not only has festive colors of red, green, and white but also is very easy to prepare. Seriously, latkes are ready by the time cherry tomatoes roast in oven..... then just assemble and serve! How easy does that sound?
Do you too believe food is the BEST part of any holiday gathering??
I mean, look at these gorgeous mini latkes or pancakes with beautiful array of festive colors! A few simple toppings have added the magic?!
Serve potato latkes mini as party starter or larger for holiday breakfast, they are perfect either way!!
Aren't these looking yumm?!
I'm huge fan of cooking a lots of food for holidays. For the record, there is something really special about cooking and serving homemade food to friends and family!
- 2 Cup Potatoes (large coarse grated, or use 2 cups frozen hash browns)
- 1 tsp Jalapeno (1/4 jalapeno, small minced, optional)
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Black Pepper (1/4 tsp each)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Egg(s)
- 1.5 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Red Onion (very small chopped)
- 2-3 Chives (small chopped, for garnish)
- 1 Lemon (sliced wedges, for serving)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 200 Grams Salmon (about 1/2 of pound, smoked, and thin sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (or grape tomatoes, halved)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1. Roast Tomatoes: Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, add cherry tomatoes, olive oil, slat and black pepper. Toss well then spread on sheet. Roast in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until skin has wrinkled and tomatoes are little charred. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then transfer to in bowl and set aside.
- 2. Grate potatoes using coarse match-stick grater. Squeeze extra water and then spread on paper towel to dry out any remaining moisture.
- 3. In a wide bowl, take all ingredients for latkes except canola oil and potatoes. Add grated potatoes and mix well.
- 4. Heat a non-stick skillet with 1/2 tablespoon oil. (use more if needed). Use a healing teaspoon potato mixture to make 4-6 mini latkas,flatten with back of spoon. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- 5. Flip and cook other side for 3 minutes then remove on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for remaining potato mixture using remaining oil.
- 6. Once all latkas are ready. Arrange them on serving plate. Top each with a piece of smoked salmon, tsp sour cream, and roasted cherry tomato halves. Garnish with chives and serve!
Make large potato latkes to serve for Christmas Brunch or Breakfast or make mini to serve as appetizer.
Recipe doubles easily. Make as many as you need and enjoy!