Pasta and Beans Soup
Posted By Savita
Pasta e fagioli or pasta fagioli, meaning "pasta and beans", is a traditional style vegetarian (meatless) Italian soup. Healthy and delicious, this soup is packed with goodness of vegetables and hearty tasty beans. Serve with a crisp salad and a hot italian garlic bread and you have a meal!
You are going to love this one! This soup is so full of flavor and you can have it on the table in about 40 minutes.
If your kids do not like beans, you can puree the beans like I did in this recipe. Or if you like keep beans whole.
- 1 Cup Kidney Beans (canned)
- 1 Cup Pasta (Macaroni Or other small Pasta)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Celery (Stalk - Chopped)
- 1 Carrots (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup White Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup Tomatoes (Canned Chopped)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Chop all veggies and rinse canned beans to remove extra sodium from canned beans.2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom deep pan and saute onions till translucent.
3. Add celery and carrots and continue cooking till carrots are soft.4. Add bay leaf and italian seasoning and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. In meantime, puree the rinsed canned beans (optional)6. Add pureed beans, 2 cup water and pasta. Add salt and black pepper and cook till pasta is al dente.
7. Top with Parmesan Cheese and serve hot with Italian Bread of your choice.
Savita's Notes:Freeze the leftover pasta fagioli and re-heat to enjoy this hearty dish whenever needed.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.