7 Layer Mexican Dip
This post is sponsored by GOODFOODS, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Posted By Savita
Holidays are all about having great time with friends and family!
As you know, a party is as good as it's appetizers! So, I like to pay extra attention to what I'm serving to welcome my guests. Rule of thumb in my home is : it has to taste good, look good, and above all should be made with good ingredients.
And then, happy guests = happy party times!
Today, I used GOODFOODS Tableside Guacamole to bring to you this crowd-pleasing and everyone's favorite 7 layer Mexican dip. Story of seven layers of this dip starts with creamy refried black beans and ends with scrumptious guacamole (enjoying time with chunky fresh tomato salsa.)
Oh, and I'm even sharing a simple trick to make sour cream layer less watery!
So, let's get started!
Seriously, with all holiday food around.. this one refreshing dip made with fresh salsa, guacamole, less cheese, and homemade re-fried beans will be a nice guilt free alternative. Plus it is vegetarian too. So, here you go! Your vegetarian guests are covered!
- 1 Cup Black Beans (8 ounce of refried black beans)
- 2 Cup Guacamole (2 of 7 oz GOODFOODS Tableside guacamole)
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded, or Montrey Jack cheese or three cheese blend)
- 5-6 Green Onion (small diced)
- 2 tbsp Lemon (juice, divided)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Tomatoes (large, small diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika (adjust per taste)
- Salt and Black Pepper (as per taste)
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese (softened)
- Tortilla Chips
7 Layer Mexican Dip
- 1. Refried Beans - Follow recipe from notes to make refried beans at home or If using store bought beans, remove them in bowl, add lemon juice, and paprika. Mix well to smooth the beans. Set aside.
- 2. Salsa - While refried beans are cooling, in a bowl add chopping tomatoes, scallion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Mix in remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/4 tsp of salt. And set aside.
- 3. Cream-Cheese - For cream layer, mix room temperature cream cheese with soup cream and set aside.
- 4. In a wide 3.5 quart bowl or square baking dish, layer cooled refried beans at the bottom. Top with chopped peppers. then follow with even layer of cream and shredded cheese.
- 5. Guacamole - Top with even layer of guacamole. Then, top with tomato salsa leaving behind as much as liquid left in bowl behind.
- 6. Garnish with more scallions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Serve cold with chips and enjoy!
Homemade Refried Beans for 7 Layer Dip: In a food processor, add rinsed black beans with 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, and 1/2 tsp oregano. Pulse until coarsely purred. Then, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add beans mixture and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Remove in plate and let cool completely.