Vegan Taco Salad
Vegan Taco Salad with plant based meat and black beans cooked in flavorful chipotle seasoning. A filling dinner salad with lots of layers of flavors. Taco meat is also great to fill in vegan tacos!!
Vegan Taco Salad, a meatless vegan taco salad bowl with plant based meat and black beans cooked in flavorful chipotle seasoning. Also sharing recipe for creamy vegan taco salad dressing to drizzle on top. It is a filling dinner salad which have everything you desire from a healthy vegetarian meal - serving of proteins from vegan meat and beans, crunchy vegetables, apple and creamy chipotle dressing. Mexican favorite Tacos completely veganized and healthier!
Salads are not seasonal and always on in my kitchen. Specially during holiday festivities with rich foods.. I look forward to easy and healthy meals as much as possible.
This taco salad can be made ahead and pre packed for lunch. Make vegan taco meat and vegan salad dressing up-to a week ahead. Pack greens on the side. Assemble everything just before eating!
Let's make Vegan Taco Salad today!
Oh, and recipe is highly customizable. I'm sharing all details in notes of how you can make this salad any season with seasonal ingredients.
What Do You Need To Make Vegan Taco Salad?
Vegan taco salad uses plant based Beyond ground meat and black beans. The complete list of ingredients to make Taco Salad:
- Plant based meat
- Black beans
- Taco Seasoning
- Lime Juice
- Apple, onion, tomatoes and corn for salsa topping
- A recipe for Vegan Chipotle Dressing
Vegan Meat Chorizo (Taco Meat)
Plant based Beyond ground meat cooked with chipotle and taco seasonings is star of this Vegan Taco Salad.
I cook meat just like making meat filling for traditional Tacos. This gives plant-based meat lots of flavor and it makes very forkful of salad delicious. It gets subtle spicy smoky flavor from the chipotle and taco seasonings.
The addition of black beans makes it hearty and filling. Beans also soak up the liquid. This way meat stands well with salad greens and does not weigh down the salad.
Let the meat and black beans cool completely before topping on the salad. Or instead can serve meat on the side.
Tip: Use same meatless meat and creamy dressing to enjoy plant based tacos.
Vegan Taco Salad Dressing
The vegan Taco Dressing is very creamy and easy to make. It's loaded with flavor. So I use it for all kind of salads. Plus also as dipping sauce.
If you can't find vegan yogurt, use vegan mayo. Or use tahini or cashew butter diluted with warm water.
For vegan taco salad (chipotle) dressing you will need:
- Chipotle paste
- Vegan yogurt such as Coconut Yogurt
- Taco Seasoning
- Lime Juice
To make Vegan Taco Dressing, in a bowl add all ingredients except salt with a tbsp of water. Whisk to mix everything together. Taste and adjust salt. Dressing will keep for a week in refrigerator. Mix well before using.
The best way to dress greens for Taco Salad is to toss greens with a portion of creamy dressing.
This is the key to have flavor of dressing in every bite. SO so good!
Once taco and dressings are ready, it is very easy to assemble the vegan taco salad. Coat romaine lettuce in dressing, top with taco meat, and taco toppings of choice such as tomatoes, onion, corn and avocado.
Garnish with nutritional yeast and hemp seeds. If you can find vegan tortilla chips? Use tortilla chips for additional crunch and taco experience.
Honestly, making my favorite Tacos to healthier vegan Taco Salad help me enjoy Tacos for lunch or dinner without the guilt. I often customize the Taco Salad as per ingredients at hand or my diet preference.
- Use only lettuce as green base. Or use only the Kale or both as per preference.
- Use roasted or steamed corn kernels. To roast corn, place corn on the cob on open flame and let it roast from all sides.
- Use tortilla chips for more crunchy Taco Salad.
- Add vegan cheddar cheese if you like.
- If not strictly vegan, use sour cream instead of coconut yogurt.
Friends, with holidays feast approaching, keep your weekdays dinner lite and delicious with this yummy and healthy Taco Salad. With this easy salad, you can enjoy your favorite Tacos transformed into a healthy nutritious Vegan Taco Salad Bowl. It has everything one desire from Tacos - a meaty meatless smoky and hearty taco filling, crunchy toppings, avocado, and a creamy taco salad dressing. I'm sure you will love the flavors.
Try these on the side:
Vegan Taco Saladreviews) (5
IngredientsVegan Taco Meat
- 1. Make Vegan Dressing: In a bowl, add all dressing ingredients with half tbsp of lime juice. Whisk until smooth in consistency. Taste and adjust salt. I usually add 1/4 tsp salt if taco seasoning does not have salt.
- 2. Make Vegan Meat: Heat oil in a skillet. Add half of the onions. Cook stirring often until onions are slightly brown at edges. Add plant based meat with generous pinch of salt. Cook stirring and breaking the meat often as it cooks. Cook until most water in meat evaporates (4-5 minutes),
- 3. Season the Taco Meat: Now add taco seasoning, minced garlic, chipotle, drained and rinsed black beans and a tbsp of lime juice. Cook stirring often until no liquid remains, meat is cooked through and toasted with spices. Taste and adjust salt. Take meat off the skillet into wide plate. Set side to cook completely.
- 4. Make Taco Salad: Add chopped kale and romaine in wide salad mixing bowl with 1/4 of the dressing. Coat kale and romaine in dressing. Add more dressing if you like greens more well dressed. It's up to you! Set aside. In a small bowl, add remaining red onion, sliced apple sticks, corn (if using), and halved cherry tomatoes. Add remaining lime juice and generous pinch of salt. Toss well. Set aside.
- 5. Assemble Taco Salad: Transfer mixed dressed greens onto a large serving platter. Top with apple, corn mix and slices of avocado. Top half of cooked and cooled taco meat on the top. (Use other half to make vegan tacos or enjoy all with the salad.) Garnish with nutritional yeast or hemp seeds. Serve remaining dressing on the side. Enjoy!
- Make Taco Salad Your Own: Use only lettuce or only kale or both. Use apple or jicama. Use roasted corn or skip. You can also use chunky store bought mango or tomato salsa.
- If not strictly vegan, use sour cream instead of coconut yogurt. Or try my Chipotle Burrito Bowl dressing.
- You can top salad with vegan cheddar cheese.
- Let Vegan Taco Meat cool completely before adding on top of greens. Warm salad will wilt the greens. Or serve it on side and add as needed on top of salad.
- Serving remaining chipotle dressing in the side to serve as desired.
- Make Ahead: It is a great make ahead salad. Make taco meat and dressing ahead of time. Assemble salad just before eating.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Leave a Message:
Did you try the recipe? Do you have feedback or a question? Leave a message below.
ToniThis is so perfect!! Healthy and so delish! Thanks for the recipe!
DanniiWhat a beautiful and vibrant dish. So much flavour too
JessMy husband just went vegan so I am on the lookout for all things vegan to incorporate into our weekly menu plan. This recipe is perfect for our family!
SavitaGo for it! It's great healthy vegan meal!
MichelleSo simple but so flavorful! I also like to make this with leftovers from taco night!
SavitaGreat idea 🙌
Aimee MarsYum! Who would even miss the taco meat with all this deliciousness youve got going on in this salad? I literally want to eat it for dinner every single night.
SavitaDitto! Its one our family favorite salad. No one miss tacos.