This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone.
Posted By Savita
Lasagna Bites, bite size spinach lasagna pieces, seasoned, breaded and fried, served with marinara dipping sauce for delicious summer movie-time snack.
Whenever I have my friends and family coming over for weekend movie time, I always ready some easy snack options which kids and adults will equally enjoy. Since everyone loves lasagna, these bite size Italian favorites were my first choice for a very special family spending summer vacation with us.
Lasagna Bites are not so spicy yet very flavorful with crispy coating, sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and warm marinara sauce for dipping! Plus it is very easy to fry a batch for snacking anytime. Just 10 minutes prep and this delicious snack fly from kitchen to snack table!
My husband's childhood friend is visiting us with family, his wife and 2 little kids, this summer. Other than their long list of recipes from my blog that they want me to cook... I have also received email of must-watch summer movies list. :) (best way to entertain kids during summer vacation - outings and kid's fav movies!! Isn't it?)
The hot in-demand movie list is:
1. The Jungle Book
2. Monkey Kingdom
3. Alice Through The looking Glass
5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
6. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Luckily all of these are my favorite too. Ice Age has been my favorite movie of all time! I was also so excited to read "The Jungle Book" in the list. :) I grew up watching Jungle Boy Moglie and his friend Baghera in an Indian TV serial. When recently, The Jungle Book movie came, I watched first day first show!! Loved the cast and fell in love with "The Jungle Book" again! No wonder it's kids favorite!
Whole weekend I working on delicious recipes such as these Lasagna Bites and few more.. I used my Walmart Family Mobile to listen to music! These are going to be on my movie-night-snack-platter coming weekend and I'm so excited that I could share this recipe with you too!!
Today, this Lasagna Bites recipe for my family movie night has been sponsored by Walmart Family Mobile!
I'm all excited to spend summer with our friends and their two little angles coming next week. And can't wait to see all those wonderful movies! I would love to hear how you planning to spend vacations this summer?! Leave a comment below and share with me.
Have a wonderful week ahead! -Savita
Here are few more Movie-might Appetizers from my recipe repertoire! Cook some and enjoy!
- 500 Grams Lasagna (about 20 ounce, cooked spinach lasagna, to yield 14-15 bites, refrigerated overnight)
- 1.5 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Egg(s)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (or mix of 1/4 tsp parsley, 1/4 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 marjoram )
- 2 Cup Breadcrumbs (preferably, panko)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Canola Oil (for frying)
- Parmesan Cheese (grated, as per liking)
- 2 Cup Marinara Sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic (minced)
- Parsley (or basil, handful fresh leaves, chopped)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Slice lasagna into 14-15 bite size pieces. You can also use package spinach lasagna. cook and then refrigerate for 20 minutes so it is easy to cut into pieces.
Additional NotesIf using fresh homemade lasagna, it is best to make it night before and refrigerate overnight. This yields firm pieces which are easier to cut and fry.2. Set oil to heat in a dutch pan or deep fryer. In three medium bowls/plates, add flour, eggs, an breadcrumbs seperatly. Season breadcrumbs with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Also season flour and eggs with generous 1/4 tsp each of salt and black peppers.
3. Dredge each lasagna bite into flour, then egg wash. Shake off access and then roll in bread crumbs.
Additional NotesFor faster and cleaner frying. First bread all lasgana pieces and place on a parchment lined sheet. Then fry all bites in 2-3 batches.4. Fry lasagna bites until these are golden brown and crispy from all sides; about 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Drain on plate lined with paper towel. Repeat for all sliced lasagna. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.6. For marinara dipping sauce, heat olive oil in a pan. Add minced garlic and perfume the oil for 30 seconds. (don't let garlic burn). Add marinara sauce, half of chopped basil and let it heat through. Remove in serving bowl. Serve family-style in a big platter with sauce. Or serve family movie-style in individual cups with a few tbsp of marinara sauce at bottom of each cup. Serve and enjoy the movie!
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.