Easy Crock Pot Mexican Cheese Dip
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
Posted By Savita
Zesty jalapeno, comforting black-beans, tangy tomatoes, melted cheeses and some seasoning to tie everything together! Call it a Mexican Cheese Dip or Southern Taco Cheese Dip..... This my friends is a crowd-friendly chip-licking party dip that you add to crock pot and forget about it! Isn't it a perfect Holiday Party-friendly idea?
Crock pot is your (mine too) best friend when it comes to serving a bigger crowd some mouthwatering slow-cooked flavors. Especially, when for parties or holiday gatherings, your oven is all filled with baking pie, dinner rolls, and turkey.... and stove filled with stuffing, few curry sides (just in my Indian Kitchen).... easy appetizer recipes like these are life saver!!
The best part about this dip is : quick assembly time i.e. just 10 minutes and rest is worry of your trusted slow cooker. The bold and zesty Mexican flavors are everyone's favors in the gathering. One quick tip: If you own a smaller (3 quart) kinda crockpot. You can even serve the dip in the crock pot with all fresh toppings.
I'm sure you are no strange to my love for Mexican cuisine. No, I've not used Chipotle today ;) I know!! strange! Right? ;-) But, really the zesty flavors of this cheese dip are really hard to beat. I've used black beans, sauteed onion with seasoning (quintessential flavor base), and then lots of easy to find pantry/refrigerator ingredients - tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, avocado, lime, yumm!! :-)
For cheese, I wanted add sharp notes of cheddar, wonderful melting of mozzarella, and Colby jack cheeses into the cheese dip. So while shopping in Walmart over the weekend, I grabbed few bags of Kraft Natural Cheeses - Mexican style Four Cheese Blend, Mozzarella, and Cheddar.
Due to slow cooking in crock pot, this dip is really very forgiving. You can use any cheese of your choice. So feel free to pick any cheese of your choice. Krafts Natural Cheeses has lots of variety and large gathering-style packaging to help you make cheese dip for even a bigger party crowd.
Just so you know, Krafts Cheese products are located in Cheese and Dairy aisle of Walmart.
Serving Tips and Dippers:
1. Mexican Cheese DIp or any cheese dip in general is best when kept warm. Specially with cold weather days, I recommend using a thick-bottom vessel or simply serve it in the crock pot!
2. If serving in crock pot or expect to reheat, serve topping on the side for your guest to make their own flavor combination. Few of my fav toppings : Avocado, cilantro, and more fresh tomatoes!!
3. For dippers, thick sliced baguette, rustic corn tortilla chips and some thick sliced fruits and veggies are perfect to enjoy this Mexican Fondu!
4. A lots of fresh toppings and dippers are make cheese dip a balanced appetizer!
I hope you will enjoy this easy cheese dip in you next holiday gathering!
Wish you a wonderful Monday! -Savita
Easy Crock Pot Mexican Cheese Dip
- 110 Grams Mozzarella Cheese (4 ounce, such as Kraft Mozzarella Cheese)
- 110 Grams Cheddar Cheese (4 ounce, such as Kraft Natural Shredded Cheddar Cheese)
- 110 Grams Four Cheese Blend (4 ounce, such as Kraft Natural Shredded - Mexican Four Cheese Blend)
- 2 Cup Tomatoes (diced with juice)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro (small bunch, small chopped)
- 2 Cup Black Beans (15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed)
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium onion, small diced)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 Jalapeno (small diced, adjust the amount per taste)
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 Avocado (small diced, for topping)
- Tortilla Chips (or baguette chips)
- 2 Lime (sliced into wedges, for serving)
1. Heat oil in a skillet, add onion and saute until soft (about 3-4 minutes). Add taco seasoning and saute for 30 more seconds. Transfer onions to slow cooker (crockpot) container followed by diced tomatoes, jalapenos, half of cilantro, and rinsed beans.
2. Sprinkle top with cheeses and cover the top.
3. Cook in slow cooker on high for 2 hours or on slow for 4 hours. After finished cooking. Mix well, then add remaining cilantro. Top with diced avocado just before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or baguette chips and enjoy!!
Additional NotesIf not serving immediately, leave the dip on warm and covered in the slow cooker.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.