Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
An easy recipe for Tequila marinated chicken with fettuccine pasta coated in Lime-Cream sauce and a simple step to add depth of flavor to the sauce!
Posted By Savita
Chicken Tequila Fettuccine - Tequila-Lime marinated juicy chicken, creamy tangy lime-cream sauce coated fettuccine pasta, with crunchy peppers, shallots and asparagus. Every forkful of this Italian dinner has something to love! This, my friends, is a restaurant quality pasta dinner which you can easily cook in comfort of you own home.
So, let's ditch the delivery!
This recipe comes together super quick and with depth of flavor since same marinade is used twice - once to marinate chicken and second to create a flavorful base for Lime Cream Fettuccine pasta sauce.
First, tequila, lime and herb marinade makes chicken juicy, tender and very flavorful. Then, good part is: marinade also picks up flavor from chicken and when cooked in pan after removing marinated chicken.... creates a bod and delicious sauce! Honestly, you will be surprised how much flavor a leftover cooked marinade will add to a simple lime cream pasta sauce!
- 1 lbs Chicken (2-3 skinless chicken breasts)
- 1/4 Cup Tequila
- 2 Lime (zest of one, and juice of two (3 tbsp juice))
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Parsley (dried leaves, or 4 tbsp fresh parsley leaves)
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- 1/2 Jalapeno (seeds removed, minced or grated, optional)
- 1 lbs Fettuccine Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Lime (zest and juice)
- 2 Bell Pepper (red and green, thin sliced)
- 2 Shallot Onions (thin round slices)
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- Parsley (fresh chopped)
Tequila Lime Chicken
Jalapeno Lime Cream Sauce Fettuccine
- 1. Marinade - Combine all marinade ingredients except chicken in a wide bowl and mix well.
- 2. Mix marinade with 1/4 cup water, then add chicken and coat in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, Bring pot of water to rolling boil and cook fettuccine pasta as per package direction.
- 4. Heat an iron griddle. When griddle is hot, spray with some oil, place chicken slices and cook per side for 8 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove in a plate and set aside. Reserve marinade for the sauce.
- 5. While pasta is boiling, in a wide pan, add 1/2 tbsp butter, add shallot and bell pepper and cook until soft (1-2 minutes), remove in a plate. Then add reserved marinade (from step 4), and bring to boil. Cook for minimum 2 minutes on medium heat so that any remaining alcohol from tequila evaporates and raw chicken flavors in marinade are cooked off (very important) and also flavor concentrates.
- 6. Add in minced jalapeno(if using), lime juice and zest, parsley, chicken stock, heavy cream, remaining butter.
- 7. Add cooked fettuccine pasta with 2-3 tbsp of pasta water. Coat the pasta in the sauce.
- 8. Add cooked bell peppers and onions. Slice cooked chicken into small or big pieces. Transfer pasta to serving plates, top chicken, serve with more lime wedges and enjoy!
It is important to cook marinade for 2 minutes so that raw chicken flavor of marinade is cooked off. Or you can also double the marinade recipe in step 1 and use one batch for pasta sauce and discard the one after chicken marination.
Vegetarian, Meatless Lime Cream Sauce Pasta : This will reduce first three steps from your cooking. Make the marinade as suggested in Step-1. You can skip tequila.
Then follow step 5-8 and replace chicken stock in ingredients with veggie stock.
Just two of these simple changes and enjoy meatless Fettuccine with Lime-Cream sauce! slurp slurp