Spicy Chicken Chipotle Cream Sauce Pasta
Just 15 minutes cooking time for a spicy, tangy Chiptole Cream Sauce Pasta. Cheesecake Factory Copycat at home!
Posted By Savita
Today's recipe is copycat of Cheesecake Factory's Spicy Chicken Chipotle Cream Sauce Pasta. I simply love their Chipotle Pasta... The hint of spice, creamy sauce, crunchy veggies, and succulent chicken.... oh, and crispy tortilla chips!!! yumm! There is nothing in this dish which I don't like.
You know the best part? You can skip chicken and it still is flavorful Italian vegetarian dinner or lunch.
With just 15 minutes of cooking time, Chipotle Sauce can be blended in advance and used multiple times for quick weekday dinner! Sounds even better! Isn't it? And it costs just fraction of what you will pay for dinner of four!
Original recipe calls for Honey Glazed Chicken. I shared a healthier version of Honey Glazed Chicken a few days ago. If you want to try that with Chipotle Pasta, follow the recipe link in notes.
I'm sure you know by now that I LOVE pasta! In India, few years back, there were not many restaurants offering pasta in menu. So obviously I have not grown up on it.
Close to my office in India, there was a Pasta House by name 'Noodle Company'. Once my colleagues took me for lunch there and I ordered Fettuccine Alfredo. Oh boy, did I enjoy it? loved it.. adored it... dreamed about it for days! Perfect sign of a foodie! Isn't it? Though I was not THAT foodie kind those days.... Or should I say, I thought I wasn't. :-)
So, I visited that restaurant a couple of times and every time felt like 'kid in a candy store'......... Never ever bothered to even think about the recipes. Just enjoyed eating good pasta varities. It's funny, my hometown was 3 hours drive from my office. One weekend, when I was visiting my parents, I even packed a few pastas to-go. I'm sure you can imagine, what they become by the time I reached home -pasta pancakes!!! And I felt chef not made them good. lol!!
These days, story is totally different. Everything I eat out, I wanna make at home!! Often I'm not enjoying food rather thinking about recipe and ingredients. Can you relate?
Not sure which days were better... though I enjoyed both! :-)
We both love eating at Cheesecake Factory once-in-a-while. They happen to make a lot of my favorite foods and I wanna try cooking all of them at home. This Chicken Chipotle Cream Sauce Pasta... I can eat by buckets! and Sauce!! I can drink with straw! Specially the copycat version I made at home is utterly delicious! Lacking words to describe the flavor! I guess my chipotle-love making me speechless.
This Creamy Chipotle Sauce Pasta has ton of flavor on it's own. That's why I decided to share this recipe without instructions to make chicken. You can use simply use rotisserie chicken, or sauteed mushrooms (vegetarian option) instead. Or if you wanna make exact copycat of Cheesecake Factory's 'Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta' then cook chicken following recipe here. (go for glazed version)
My version of Chipotle Pasta differs slightly from cheesecake factory's original. Here is what I did differently:
1. I have used broccolini instead of asparagus and zucchini instead of red bell peppers. (feel free to bring your own veggies.)
2. Used no-oil healthy Baked Honey-Lemon chicken instead of spiced honey-glazed chicken. Get the recipe. here.
3. Cheesecake Factory uses chipotle chili powder and no citrus in the sauce. I, however, have used Chipotle Adobo for pronounced chipotle flavor and lime juice to balance the richness of creamy sauce. You can skip both of these. Yet, I recommend trying it once! Chances are you will forget Cheesecake Factory's Chipotle Pasta. ;-)
That's it! I believe, the 'heart' of this dish is in creamy Pasta Cream Sauce and I'm telling you that it will not disappoint you! Make a big batch of sauce because you gonna want to repeat it the very next day! It's THAT scrumptious!
PS: I've been little absent from blog lately due to a sudden short trip to San Jose, California. It's mid of week and my routine is still not streamlined due to busy-busy weekend..... long nights and early mornings... and what not!! However, even though it was Vishal's work trip.... we had great time while driving back... kinda mini road trip :) I'll be sharing some delicious pictures in coming post.
Wish you great day ahead. - Savita
Few more delicious and easy Chicken Dinners recipes for you!
Spicy Chicken Chipotle Cream Sauce Pasta
- 2 Chipotle in Adobo (2 whole peppers and plus 1 tbsp sauce)
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Lime (juice, half of one juicy lime)
- 3 Garlic (cloves)
- 1 lbs Pasta (Penne or Fusilli)
- 1 lbs Chicken (Rotisserie or Honey Glazed Chicken, check recipe in link)
- 1 Zucchini (sliced into half moons)
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas (frozen)
- 1 Head Broccolini (broken into florets, or use broccoli)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (or more per liking)
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream (mixed with 1/4 cup pasta water)
- 2 Tortillas (corn, sliced into strips)
- Canola Oil (for frying)
Chipotle Cream Sauce Pasta
Tortilla Strips (optional)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Combine all Chipotle Sauce ingredients in blender, puree to a smooth paste, transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate if not using immediately. (yields about 1/2 cup sauce)
2. Bring a large pot of water to rolling boil. Season with salt. Add half-moon sliced zucchini, and broccolini. Boil for 1 minute or until just crisp tender. Remove to a plate. In same boiling water, add pasta and cook until al-dente or follow the package directions. Once cooked, drain the pasta (reserve pasta liquid) and set aside both.
3. If serving tortillas chips. Heat oil for frying in a shallow frying pan. (you don't need a lot of oil. Just fill a small pan 1/2 inch). Slice corn tortilla into thin strips. When oil is hot, add strips and fry until light golden. Remove on a plate lined with paper towel. Season with salt. Set aside.4. Heat a pan on medium heat. Add chipotle pasta sauce and let it sizzle for 15 seconds. Now add cream and 1/4 cup pasta water and let it cook for 30 sec more or until warms through.
5. Mix well and switch off the heat.6. Add in pasta, boiled veggies, frozen peas, and toss to combine.
7. Transfer to serving plates. Top with sliced chicken and tortilla strips. Garnish with grated parmesan and chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
If planning to serve Honey Chicken. Please follow the recipe link here.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.