Ruby Jewel Cookies
Christmas Shortbread Cookies
Posted By Savita
These delicious, buttery shortbread cookies are easy to make and favorite Christmas Holiday cookies. I think, the name "Ruby Jewel Cookies" are completely justified by their looks and in taste too! You have to try these to believe me! The sweet and slightly tart raspberry or blueberry jam compliments the butter cookie wonderfully and the mini shapes look so cute.
Kids love these cute mini cookies for sweet jam toppings and cute mini cupcake shapes.
I have used mini cupcake liners to bake these buttery delights but you can also bake these cookies directly on cookie sheet. For precision in size, just make equal size of dough balls.
You can top these cookies with variety of jams or jellies. For some fun and variation, I used blueberry, pineapple and raspberry jam. Few of favorite jams of my family. :)
Ruby Jewel Cookies
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (plus 1 tbsp)
- 5 tbsp Sugar (granulated)
- 1/4 Cup Raspberry Jam (Or strawberry jam)
- 1 Egg(s) (Large)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (cold butter cut in cubes)
- 1 tbsp Sugar (Confectioner’s sugar for dusting)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and vanilla and set aside. In a food processor, combine flour and sugar together. Then add cold cubed butter few cubes at a time until mixture looks crumbly. Add egg yolk and continue processing till crumbled flour takes shape of dough.
Additional NotesYou can assemble these ingredients without food processor also. Just mix flour sugar together and then add cold butter and mix with a cold spatula till mixture looks crumbly. Add egg and keep combining till all crumbles assemble to form dough.
2. Wrap the dough in plastic sheet and chill in refrigerator for an hour. Pre heat oven at 350 Degree. Once dough is chilled, remove sheet and make 2-3cm small balls. Place each ball in paper liner and make an indentation in the center using back of a small spoon.
Additional NotesPress dough ball very gently to make indentation.
3. Using a small spoon or pastry bag , fill each indentation with small amount of jam.
4. Bake cookies at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or untill edges are golden. Once baked, transfer the cookies on a wire rack and let it cool. Dust with powder sugar and enjoy.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.