Savory Pumpkin Bisque
Creamy, savory and comforting, this Pumpkin Bisque is rich, super easy and quick to prepare. Plus soup is so delicious and appetizing that it makes perfect starter for holiday dinner.
This Pumpkin Bisque Soup is savory with surprise smoky flavor from chipotle chili, is creamy and silky with aroma of holiday spices. The rich and silky bisque is perfect starter for a holiday dinner. If you like pumpkin savory like myself, you will love how this bisque recipe transforms pumpkin puree to a very delicious bold-flavor savory soup. Gluten free.
Soup is super easy and quick to prepare, needs only 10 minutes prep. Buy good quality pumpkin puree Or roast a pumpkin in advance and keep the puree ready. Rest of the soup comes together in no time.
So, let's try some Savory Pumpkin Bisque today!
Pumpkin Bisque is a silky soup laced with warm spices, creamy and often cheese. It's rich and warming nature will warm you from within. One of the best way to beat cold weather is to hold a bowl of pumpkin bisque in hand, grab favorite chair in house and enjoy.
Like other bisque or spiced recipes, this pumpkin bisque also gets better with time and tastes even better the next day. In this time the flavor of spices and smokey chipotle blends well making soup even more appetizing. This is a perfect Make-ahead soup.
This savory pumpkin recipe comes together with simple 8 pantry ingredients. (Salt and butter on the house.) If you love stocking pantry with Pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and have cream and cheese in refrigerator. All you'll need is Chipotle Adobo to make this soup. If you follow my blog, I'm sure you have Chipotle in your pantry by now. :)
Note: Chipotle does make soup very spicy. All other creamy ingredients - cream, cheese, pumpkin puree and little honey balance chili flavor nicely. Bisque does have but does get a subtle smokey chipotle-flavor kick.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PUMPKIN BISQUE?
I recommend paring soup with a side salad or grilled cheese croutons. Both of these pair well with creamy silky soup.
Wish you all happy holiday month!
Stay warm and enjoy the season with bowl of this savory Pumpkin Bisque.
I recommend serving these on side with the Bisque:
Savory Pumpkin Bisquereviews) (4
- 1. Melt butter in a heavy bottom dutch oven. Add minced garlic and onion. Cook on medium heat until onions are soft. 2-3 minutes. Don't let garlic or onion burn.
- 2. Add in minced chipotle, oregano and pumpkin spice. Sauté for 30 seconds to bloom the spices. Now add pumpkin puree. Add water (or vegetable stock, if using) and 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix well so that pumpkin puree is fully mixed with stock. No signs of lumps. Turn heat to medium high. Bring to boil and then simmer on medium heat for 5 more minutes.
- 3. Add honey and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Turn off heat. Mix in heavy cream while continuously stirring the soup. I use from 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Additional Notes: At this point, bisque may not look very creamy. Don't be tempted to add more cream as soup gets thicker when cheese is added in the next step.
- 4. Return pan to medium-low heat. Simmer until soup thickens. (3-4 minutes) Add cheddar cheese and mix until cheese has melted. Taste and adjust salt/honey. (I end up adding 1/2 tsp more salt.) Ladle into bowls, garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- If you making soup in advance. I recommend using only 1 tbsp of apple cider. Soup gets better as it sits. It will pick up flavor of spices and apple cider even better the next day.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.