Add flavor to Broccoli with this 10 minutes Garlic Broccoli recipe - a delicious side dish with garlic oil and soy sauce. Cook broccoli anyway you prefer, add garlic seasoning and its ready to serve!
Garlic Broccoli - steamed or boiled broccoli flavored with garlic oil and soy sauce. One of our family favorite recipe, this Garlic Broccoli comes together in just 10 minutes. It makes a great healthy side dish.
Simply boil the broccoli, add garlic oil and seasonings. That's it! Garlic Broccoli is ready to devour. Vegan, vegetarian, healthier and gluten free.
For the record, everyone in my family loves Broccoli prepared this way. The credit goes to flavorful combination of lite fried garlic oil and soy sauce. Needs just 4 ingredients that brighten up the flavor of broccoli. Even picky eaters in my house love this on the side with meat dinner/pasta dinner and more. In-fact this the reason I sneak-in kale with broccoli. Never miss a chance to sneak in an extra vegetable. ;)
This recipe is also inspired from Panda Express's Broccoli and Cabbage side dish. I always prefer their veggies over noodles. My favorite way to eat: Panda Express's bowl with broccoli and cabbage mixed with a teaspoon of soy sauce. Yum!
Today's Garlic Broccoli recipe has similar flavor.
Whenever eating a simple dinner at home, a quick 10 minutes side such as this Garlic Broccoli - 1) brings veggies on the table, 2) Makes meal healthier without compromising the flavor. What not to like?!
What Do You Need To Make Garlic Broccoli?
Garlic Broccoli needs just a few ingredients. Mainly fresh garlic and oil to make garlic flavored oil, and soy sauce for the subtle umami seasoning.
Here is the complete list of ingredients:
- Broccoli florets
- Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper (optional)
I mostly use 1-4 and skip salt and pepper. Soy sauce lightly seasons the broccoli which is sufficient for just right salted flavor.
Cooking Garlic Broccoli
Cook broccoli for Garlic Broccoli any way you prefer. Depending upon how much time I have in hand. I use one of the following ways to cook the broccoli:
- Sauté in pan
For today's recipe, I lightly cooked the broccoli in boiling water.
- Bring a pot of water to roiling boil. Add broccoli cut into florets in batches, cook for 1-2 minutes or until broccoli is tender to your preference. I like to cook it very briefly so that broccoli retains the crisp green color and is still crunchy.
- Prepare garlic oil and add to the hot broccoli along with soy sauce. Stir and serve.
Tip: The same recipe will work for pre-packaged steam-in-bag frozen broccoli. Simply steam the broccoli as instructed on the package directions. Follow Steps 3 and 4 from the recipe card. Broccoli is ready to serve!
Friends, Garlic Broccoli is delicious green dinner side which is low in carb and very quick to prepare. I hope you get chance to try this recipe soon. In meantime, drop a line and share with me what's your favorite quick healthy dinner side?
Garlic Broccolireviews) (5
- 1. Prepare Broccoli: Cut off the woody stem of broccoli and cut rest into large bite-size florets. Also peel and thin slice garlic. Set aside.
- 2. Cook Broccoli: Bring a pot of water to rolling boil. Add broccoli florets and cook 1-2 minutes. Broccoli should cook crispy green in color which happens very quickly. Max 1-2 minutes in boiling water. Drain cooked broccoli and transfer to serving bowl.
- 3. Prepare Garlic Seasoning: Heat cooking oil in a small pan. Add garlic and let perfume the oil for 30 seconds. Don't let garlic burn. As soon as it starts to change color at edges, remove from heat and pour over the broccoli. Next pour add the soy sauce.
- 4. Serve: Toss broccoli gently in garlic oil and soy sauce. Serve right away,
- To make Garlic Broccoli gluten free, use gluten free Tamari Soy sauce.
- Cook broccoli for 1-2 minutes or until broccoli is tender to your preference. I like to cook it very briefly so that broccoli retains the crisp green color and is still crunchy. The same recipe will work for pre-packaged steam-in-bag frozen broccoli. Simply steam the broccoli as instructed on the package directions. Follow Steps 3 and 4. Broccoli is ready to serve!
- Can also use kale and cabbage for variety. Cook in batches. Cook kale just for 20-30 seconds.
- Salt: Soy sauce lightly seasons the broccoli which is sufficient for just right salted flavor. However, you can use table salt (and even black pepper) as per taste preference.
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.