Nutella Puff Pastry Turnovers for Nutella Lovers
Posted By Savita
Craving for more? Sign up for the Chef De Home Newsletter for a plateful of contents delivered to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
- 2 Puff Pastry (Sheets Or one frozen package)
- 8 tbsp Hazelnut Spread (I have used Nutella Hazelnut Spread)
- 1 Egg(s) (beaten with 1 tbsp. water for egg wash)
- 4 tbsp Walnuts (crushed)
1. Preheat oven at 425 degree F. Cut 4" by 4" squares of pastry sheet. Place a heap full tablespoon of hazelnut in the center, few pieces of walnuts and fold diagonally, pinching at the edges to create turnovers (triangle in shape).
2. Place puff pastry turnovers on baking sheet / silicon mat lined baking tray leaving 1" space between adjacent puff pastry turnovers. Brush with egg wash for golden brown outer crust.
3. Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes or till puff pastry turnovers are golden brown and flaky.
Additional NotesThe oven must be preheated to a high temperature, usually 400° to 450° F. If the oven is not hot, the butter will melt and the moisture will evaporate before steam can create layers.
Savita's Notes:You can always make these ahead of time up to the cooking stage and then freeze for later use.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please do not use content/images without prior permission. If you want to use recipe instructions, re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.