Nutella Puff Pastry Turnovers for Nutella Lovers
Posted On: May, 1 | Author: Savita
Puff Pastry can be used for savory dishes as well as desserts. If you do not have the time to make your own homemade puff pastry, most markets sell it pre-made, usually in the frozen food section. You can always make these ahead of time up to the cooking stage and then freeze for later use.
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: French (Appetizer, Breakfast, Dessert)
- 2 Puff Pastry (Sheets Or one frozen package)
- 8 tbsp Hazelnut Spread (I have used Nutella Hazelnut Spread)
- 1 Egg(s) (beaten with 1 tbsp. water for egg wash)
- 4 tbsp Walnuts (crushed)
- 1. Preheat oven at 425 degree F. Cut 4" by 4" squares of pastry sheet. Place a heap full tablespoon of hazelnut in the center, few pieces of walnuts and fold diagonally, pinching at the edges to create turnovers (triangle in shape).
- 2. Place puff pastry turnovers on baking sheet / silicon mat lined baking tray leaving 1" space between adjacent puff pastry turnovers. Brush with egg wash for golden brown outer crust.
- 3. Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes or till puff pastry turnovers are golden brown and flaky. Additional Notes: The oven must be preheated to a high temperature, usually 400° to 450° F. If the oven is not hot, the butter will melt and the moisture will evaporate before steam can create layers.
Savita's Notes:You can always make these ahead of time up to the cooking stage and then freeze for later use.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe