Spicy & Tangy Potatoes
Posted By Savita
- 3 Potatoes (medium diced to 1 inch)
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Shallot Onions (small diced, about 1-2 small onions)
- 4 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Hot Green Pepper (small) (or Thai chili, small chopped)
- Cilantro (coriander leaves, for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Clean potatoes and cut in 1” to 2” cubes. Make sure all pieces have same size, that helps in even cooking or you will find few potatoes under cooked and some over cooked.2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a shallow pan and fry potatoes until golden in color and fork tender. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan and add cumin seeds, let these sputter. Add diced onion, ginger - garlic paste. Fry until onions are soft and started just to brown at edges. Add turmeric, coriander powder, and chilli powder, fry for 30 seconds. Add tomato paste and fry until oil separates.
Additional Notes(Optional - You can omit adding tomato paste if you yogurt you are using is very tangy/tart.)4. Reduce heat to very low. Add chopped green chilies and yogurt (curd) and mix quickly. Then slowly increase heat and cook for 4-5 minutes or until water in yogurt dries out, Add fried potatoes and stir until yogurt coats the potatoes. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve and enjoy!
Savita's Notes:This recipe requires mild yogurt. If you are using is very tart/tangy yogurt, you should not add Tomato paste in recipe or blend 2-4 tbsp milk in yogurt to balance out the tanginess.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.