Coconut Cardamom Truffles
Quick version of Traditional Nariyal Ladoo
Posted By Savita
Just four ingredients and a simple recipe and you can make these so addictive coconut treats. In my home, Coconut Truffles are made and vanish so quickly that I never get chance to devour them next day. I learnt this recipe from my grandmother. She calls it Nariyal (Coconut) Ladoo (Truffle). She always make truffles with fresh milk - after cooking milk with sugar low and slow for long time to make it condensed and then adding coconut to make these mouthwatering treats.
I however, prefer a quick approach of using canned condensed milk for quicker version. Kids are especially fond of these truffles, so if you have kids – young or old alike then you have to try this recipe.
I call these Truffles my 4C dessert recipe. Easy to remember, it has C- Condensed Milk, C-Coconut Extract, C- Coconut Shredded, C-Cardamom. Try it and Love it.
Coconut Truffles make excellent gift for Diwali, Christmas or Thanksgiving, I recommend folding individual truffles in small sheets of parchment paper with bright colored ribbons and then packaging in individual cookie pouches or cookie gift boxes for gift.
Coconut Cardamom Truffles
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1/4 tsp Coconut Extract (optional)
- 1 tsp Cardamom (use cardamon powder)
- 1 Cup Coconut (dried, shredded coconut, plus extra for coating ladoos)
1. If using whole dried coconut, then grind coconut to make fine shred. or you can use a grater to fine setting to yield a cup of grated coconut.
2. In a small saucepan, add condensed milk, start the stove at low heat, add coconut extract, cardamom powder and 1 cup shredded coconut.
3. Cook low and slow and keep stirring so that it does not burn for about 4 minutes.4. In about 4 minutes milk and coconut mixture will leave sides of pan. Remove pan from heat. Let cool enough so that it is easy to handle.Additional Notes: You can always wear food handling grade gloves before rolling truffles for your safety.
5. Spread 3 tbsp. of shredded coconut in a plate. Use a spoon to scoop equal portions of milk and coconut mixture and roll it with your palms and then roll it in shredded coconut to coat evenly. Set aside on a parchment lined sheet until it cools completely.6. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. I always love eating Coconut Truffles at room temperature with a cup of hot tea or just like that after a spicy meal.
Savita's Recipe Notes:I call these Truffles my 4C dessert recipe. Easy to remember, it has C- Condensed Milk, C-Coconut Extract, C- Coconut Shredded, C-Cardamom. Try it and Love it.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe