Vegetables and Rice Dum Biryani
Posted By Savita
- 1 lbs Mix Vegetables (Diced carrots, Cauliflower, Scallions, Green Beans, Potatoes, Green sweet peas)
- 2 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup Cilantro (Leaves)
- 6 Cardamom (4 green and 2 black)
- 1/4 Cup Mint (Leaves)
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Oranges (Zest)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Garlic (paste)
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Round Slices)
- 1 Hot Green Pepper (small) (Chopped)
- 1 & 1/4 tbsp Salt
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Mix well yogurt with 2 tbsp of water. Add Saffron, orange zest and set aside.2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, add round sliced yellow onions and stir fry till onion caramelize. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add 2 cloves, 2 green Cardamom pods and 2 black cardamom, cumin seeds, curry leaf. Fry for 1 minute.4. Add ginger, garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes. Now add all vegetables and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, mix together red pepper powder, coriander powder, 1 tbsp salt and turmeric. Add this powder mixture to vegetables. Coat well and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. In mean time, wash Basmati Rice and par cook in boiling water. Add 1 Bay Leaf, 2 Cardamom pods and 2 Cloves, 1/4 tbsp salt while cooking.6. In a Dutch Oven, spread some caramelized onions and cooked vegetables at the bottom of pan. Add layer of par cooked rice. Top it with few more caramelized onions and cashews. Layer vegetables on top of rice. Top it with 2-3 spoons of saffron flavored yogurt. Few leaves of mint, cilantro and 1 tbsp chopped green onion.
7. Repeat layers of vegetables and rice with yogurt and mint leaves 2 more times. Layer such a way that rice layer can be the last layer. Top that layer with leftover yogurt and greens. Top it with caramelized onions.
8. Seal the dutch oven with Aluminium Foil and cover it with Dutch Oven lid. Bake it in pre heated oven at 350 F for 20 minutes.
9. Open it just before serving and enjoy this aromatic delicious mouthwatering Vegetarian Biryani also known as Vegetable Dum Biryani.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.