Crispy Potato Patties
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas (Boiled and mashed)
- 3 Potatoes (medium size, peeled)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3-4 tbsp Canola Oil (For Frying)
- 1 or 2 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Yogurt (Optional - for serving, don't use if want Vegan or Dairy Free Version)
- 1 & 1/4 tsp Salt (Adjust per taste)
- 1. Peel boiled potatoes. Add 1/4 tsp Red pepper powder, 1/4 tsp salt and mash till no big chunks of potato remain. Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. mashed peas, remaining red pepper powder, salt, coriander powder. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Grease your hands with 1 to 2 drops of cooking oil. Take a small portion of potato mixture, press with hand to make small flat round of size of a cookie.
3. Stuff 1 tbsp of peas mixture in the potato cake. Close all open ends towards center and press with your hand to flatten the stuffed potato ball.4. Make 4-5 such green peas stuffed potato patties and set aside.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry these patties till crispy brown on both sides. 4-5 minute each side.5. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot with yogurt and tomato sauce.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.
Let's Connect: Facebook, Pinterest.
Check Products We Use: CDH Amazon Shop (Affiliate Links)
What Recipe You Like Next?: Request a Recipe