Fried Indian Vegetable Pastries
Posted On: Jun, 26 | Author: Savita
A famous authentic Indian snack, Samosas are prepared and liked in almost all parts of world these days. They're a lovely snack for a rainy cold day... We share with you step by step recipe to make delish Samosas at home.
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Indian (Appetizer, Snack)
- 1. Knead all dough ingredients and water to make dough. (Knead 5 minutes more then regular dough for extra smooth texture) . Set aside covered with damp cloth at room temprature. Additional Notes: Add Peas in boling water and cook till slightly tender. If using Frozen Peas, you can directly add peas in stuffing.
- 2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, fry Mustard seeds till start to cracker. Add cumin seeds, fry for 20 seconds. Add coarsely chopped potatoes, peas, salt, red Chili Pepper, Green Chili Pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Make small round dough ball and press between hands to flatten it to a small disk.4. Roll flattened disk to make a cone.
5. Fill 1-2 tbsp of potato and pea mixture in the center of each cone.6. Close the open end of Samosa as shown in the image on left.
7. Deep Fry these Samosas in hot oil for 10-12 minutes ( or till crispy golden brown in color)8. Serve hot with Tea and Chutney.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it #SAVITACHEFDEHOME
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe
Leave a Message:
Did you try the recipe? Do you have feedback or a question? Leave a message below.
SavitaSure @Neel. Lamb Samosas will be as delicious as one with potato filling. Give it a try. Let me know if you need any help with lamb filling ingredients/recipe. Feel free to email us your recipe to share it with rest of food lovers.
NeelIn Canada, we get these at every corner. But this Samosas recipe looks so authentic and easy to make. I think I will try making these at home too. How about Chicken or lamb filling?
georgeso yummy!! love samosas, cant wait to try this.. your detailed step by step instructions make it easy for a novice like me.. :) glad i dont have to go to culinary school to learn this Thanks Chef
TravellingChitalianOoooo, I LOVE samosas!! I can't wait to try this!
Noir GWow!!! Samosa looks so delicious.
BillWhenever we visit Indian market, this is our favorite item to snack on. Thanks for sharing recipe. I always wanted to make it at home.
Paryit was so so easy, tried it first time at home. I love your site, all recipes are so easy to follow. My family liked Samosa very much.