Fried Indian Vegetable Pastries
Posted On: Jun, 26 | Author: Savita
A famous authentic Indian snack, Samosas are prepared and liked in almost all parts of world these days. They're a lovely snack for a rainy cold day... We share with you step by step recipe to make delish Samosas at home.
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Indian (Appetizer, Snack)
- 1 and 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Green Peas
- 1 Potatoes (Medium size)
- 1/3 Cup White Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Hot Green Pepper (small)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (Ajwain)
- 1. Knead all dough ingredients and water to make dough. (Knead 5 minutes more then regular dough for extra smooth texture) . Set aside covered with damp cloth at room temprature. Additional Notes: Add Peas in boling water and cook till slightly tender. If using Frozen Peas, you can directly add peas in stuffing.
- 2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, fry Mustard seeds till start to cracker. Add cumin seeds, fry for 20 seconds. Add coarsely chopped potatoes, peas, salt, red Chili Pepper, Green Chili Pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Make small round dough ball and press between hands to flatten it to a small disk.4. Roll flattened disk to make a cone.
5. Fill 1-2 tbsp of potato and pea mixture in the center of each cone.6. Close the open end of Samosa as shown in the image on left.
7. Deep Fry these Samosas in hot oil for 10-12 minutes ( or till crispy golden brown in color)8. Serve hot with Tea and Chutney.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe