Fried Indian Vegetable Pastries
Posted By Savita
- 1 and 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Green Peas
- 1 Potatoes (Medium size)
- 1/3 Cup White Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Hot Green Pepper (small)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (Ajwain)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Knead all dough ingredients and water to make dough. (Knead 5 minutes more then regular dough for extra smooth texture) . Set aside covered with damp cloth at room temprature.
Additional NotesAdd Peas in boling water and cook till slightly tender. If using Frozen Peas, you can directly add peas in stuffing.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, fry Mustard seeds till start to cracker. Add cumin seeds, fry for 20 seconds. Add coarsely chopped potatoes, peas, salt, red Chili Pepper, Green Chili Pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Make small round dough ball and press between hands to flatten it to a small disk.4. Roll flattened disk to make a cone.
5. Fill 1-2 tbsp of potato and pea mixture in the center of each cone.6. Close the open end of Samosa as shown in the image on left.
7. Deep Fry these Samosas in hot oil for 10-12 minutes ( or till crispy golden brown in color)8. Serve hot with Tea and Chutney.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. Please DO NOT copy content/images without prior permission. If you want to mention recipe name on your blog, link back to this post with credit to ChefDeHome for the Recipe Origin.