Onion and Scallion Chickpea Flour Fritters
Posted On: Jun, 29 | Author: Savita
Pakoras, savory vegetarian fritters, are a very popular Indian tea time snack. The chickpea batter gives them a unique flavor. I am sharing recipe of Onion Pakoras with you, but you can make these with almost any kind of vegetables. Try same recipe with grated carrots and potatoes and do not forget to tell me how you like it….
Onion and Scallion Chickpea Flour Frittersreview) (1
Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: Cuisine: Indian (Appetizer, Snack)
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 2 tbsp Green Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Hot Green Pepper (small)
- 1 tsp Thyme (Or Ajwain)
- Canola Oil (For Frying)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (paste or minced)
- 1. Take flour in a bowl, add scallions, onion, salt, red chili powder, garlic and thyme.
- 2. Mix water into dry ingredients (little at a time). Repeat adding the water till batter is little thicker than Pancake Batter.
- 3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan (Or Fryer) . When oil is hot, fry fitters 3-4 at a time. (Check by dropping pinch of batter in oil. It should float to surface at count of 3). Additional Notes: Never overcrowd your frying pan since that will drop oil temperature and fritters will become oily.
- 4. Server hot with Chutney of your choice. Perfect for Tea Time Party Or Cocktail Party.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Tag @SAVITACHEFDEHOME on Instagram and hashtag it
© Chef De Home. Post content including video and photos are copyright protected.
Craving For More? Subscribe Weekly Newsletter Check Products We Use (affiliate links) Request a Recipe