Masala Egg Curry
Posted By Savita
This masala egg curry recipe is no-gravy variation of classic Egg Curry in gravy recipe that I posted few years back. Especially great when you want to enjoy some curry and eggs but do not have yogurt to make gravy.
Ready in 20 minutes, you can never go wrong with this simple yet scrumptious recipe.
And now about leftovers (if you are lucky to leave some for next day). Fry pre-cooked rice in this masala egg curry to make delicious curried egg fried rice. (will post this recipe sometime). Or Top masala egg curry on toasted baguette to serve as appetizers. Since this curry has no liquid gravy, you can use leftovers many different ways.
In-fact, I would not mind making masala egg curry specially just for appetizers.
Masala Egg Curry
- 4 Egg(s) (hard boiled eggs)
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Nigella Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 3-4 tbsp Cilantro (fine chopped coriander or cilantro leaves)
- 1 tsp Salt (adjust per taste)
- 1 Tomatoes (fine chopped about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste (or 2 garlic cloves fine minced and 1/2 inch root of ginger fine chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (small diced, half of a medium onion.)
- 1/2 Serrano pepper (minced, remove seeds if prefer less heat)
DirectionsHide Step Photos
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and nigella seeds and let them sputter (30 seconds)2. Add diced onion, green chili pepper, ginger and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent. (About 3 minutes. Don't let onion burn.)
3. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt and sauté for 1 more minute. Now add chopped tomatoes and salt per taste (about 1 tsp) and continue cooking.4. Cook till tomatoes are mushy and oil starts to separate from mixture. Add 1/2 cup water, bring to boil and then simmer at high medium heat liquid is absorbed and gravy has thickened a bit. (5 minutes)
5. Peel hard boiled eggs and chop'em into small bite size pieces.6. Add small chopped eggs and coriander leaves into cooked tomato and onion mixture and mix gently. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot with Indian parantha or Roti.
© Chef De Home. All contents and images are copyright protected. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission.